*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916230-Thankful-Thursday-July-27-2017
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#916230 added July 28, 2017 at 1:06pm
Restrictions: None
Thankful Thursday: July 27, 2017
Istijlál (Majesty), 16 Kalimát (Words) 174 Badi - Thursday, July 27, 2017 CE

"Be ye God’s manifestations of trustworthiness in every land. So perfectly should ye mirror forth this quality that even were ye to travel through cities heaped with gold, your gaze would not for a single moment be seduced by its allure. This is the standard required of you, O assemblage of true believers. Assist ye your gracious Lord with your wealth and substance so that in all the worlds of God His servants may perceive from you the sweet savours of the one true God."
Bahá’u’lláh1

One component of trustworthiness is finishing what you start. I am in the middle of writing 200 poem dedicated to the Blessed Beauty. As of today, I have 70 completed with 100 planned. I have to finish 30 to have half of the poem done. I have 87 days left to complete all 200 poems. I need to focus on finishing the 30 within the next 7 days. I'll have to say a lot of prayers and finish reading The first chapter of The Sufferings of Baha'u'llah. The biggest barrier I face in finishing these poems is my own self-doubt. As long as I focus on Baha'u'llah, I don't have a problem with inspiration; however, when I let my mind wonder then I encounter doubt about my own abilities to finish this project.


Thankful Thursday Gratitude list for July 27, 2017

Today I am thankful...
01. ...that my Bank of America checking account is not overdrawn today.
02. ...for the fresh brewed Folgers Black Silk coffee I had for breakfast.
03. ...that I have finish 70 poems of the 200 I am dedicating to The Blessed Beauty.
04. ...for the new Cox Wifi modem that I installed today.
05. ...that I had two chilli dogs for my lunch.
06. ...for the help of Cox tech support in installing the Wifi modem.
07. ...that I have more room on my computer desk now that I no longer have a modem and a router.
08. ...for the portable water bottle I received from the wound care place when the doctor released me.
09. ...that I figured out why I could only access a few of the prayers when I downloaded Baha'i prayer to my phone.
10. ...for the two working air conditioners we have in this apartment.


Footnotes
1  Bahái Words for July 27, 2017.


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916230-Thankful-Thursday-July-27-2017