*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916520
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#916520 added August 1, 2017 at 5:40pm
Restrictions: None
Tours Of War Zones, Prison Camps
Prompt: Joy asked us what we thought of WW2 Prison Camp Tours and War Zone Tours.

I wouldn't want to tour WW2 Prison Camps. As for War Zones, I went to a StoneRiver battle field in Murfreesboro, Tennessee where a civil war battle was fought between the north and the south. I felt guilty because I was from the north and the south was defeated. They say if you go out there at night, you can hear ghost noises of the battle being fought there. It was one of the bloodiest battle ever fought in the Civil War. At this place, there were woods, a big old field, stones, brook and a visitor center and they showed a video and talked about this battle. Wars depress me. When I see civil wars in movies like "The North and the South" and "Gone With The Wind", the battle scenes seen glamorous, if you know what I mean. To see documentaries on PBS about the Civil War, they were nothing glamorous.

The Viet Nam War. My father fought there 3 times. I have no desire to go there. This prompt was interesting to think about.

Beautiful animated Snowglobe Unicorn Signature.





© Copyright 2017 Princess Megan Rose (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916520