*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916884-Thinking-About-Doing-The-Thing-Instead-Of-Doing-The-Thing
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2091338
A blog for all things personal, informational, educational, and fun.
#916884 added August 6, 2017 at 3:43am
Restrictions: None
Thinking About Doing The Thing Instead Of Doing The Thing
I spend a lot of time thinking about doing things. I like to have lots of ideas, plans, contingencies, and so on. Unfortunately, I have a tendency to get a little carried away with myself. When I get too excited about my ideas, I spend more time thinking about doing the things instead of actually doing them. If I did even half the things I thought about doing, I would probably die from exhaustion, to be fair; however, it would be nice if I could focus on doing the things!

Earlier today I spent so long thinking about all the reading I was going to get done around my GoT tasks, and ended up doing half the reading I planned, and took a nap. Now, I do have health problems, which flared up pretty badly today, which explains the nap. I just wish the act of thinking about things instead of doing them wasn't such a common occurrence for me.

I've always had a little bit of a problem with this, ever since I was a little kid. I am a goals-oriented person who is easily distracted. As my health problems have worsened, so have my issues with failing to do the thing. Cognitive dysfunction is one of the many joyless things that comes with being seriously ill, making it hard to actually do things, even if they are only mental tasks.

Being more careful in how I set my goals has actually helped me to focus more on doing the thing, but many days I just overwhelm myself with thinking of the thing. Making sure the goals are set in an attainable way, and making sure that I set aside time where I will be likely to be well enough to function at a higher level, generally means that I am more likely to be able to do the thing.

Unfortunately, tonight the thing I can't stop thinking about long enough to do is sleep. There's no amount of planning that can make that happen. *HappyCry*

(I have committed to blogging daily with Give It 100. This is Day Ninety-Six. Eight days of leave taken total.)

© Copyright 2017 Lady Elizabeth Mormont (UN: elizabethlk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lady Elizabeth Mormont has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916884-Thinking-About-Doing-The-Thing-Instead-Of-Doing-The-Thing