*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917510-Motivational-Monday-August-14-2017
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#917510 added August 15, 2017 at 12:24am
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: August 14, 2017
Kamál (Perfection), 15 Kamál (Perfection) 174 Badi - Monday, August 14, 2017 CE

There are 69 day left until the celebration of the bicentenary of Baha'u'llah's Birth. I have 124 poems completed so I need to finish 76, which means I have to complete at least 1 1/2 or 2 each day until October 22. I hope to finish them on or before Octobe 20, so that I can print them off and take them to the celebration. The poems are posted in "Bicentenary Poems and Prose.


"I am very happy to have met you. I hope that through the favors of the Blessed Beauty you shall become the instruments for the glorification of the divine Cause and the spread of the Word of God so that this city may take precedence over all the other cities of America. As this city is the capital of America, so shall it, God willing, become the center of divine signs. When you arise to teach the Cause of God it will soon be firmly established and will spread because this city has capacity…"
‘Abdu’l-Baha (Words of ‘Abdu’l-Baha, November 8, Washington DC, recorded by Mahmud Zarqani; ‘Mahmud’s Diary’)1

This quote gives the importance of Washington DC to the United States of America. It also give the spiritual potential of the city. I suspect one of the biggest problems today is most people don't think of the spiritual potential America has in this age. For sometime now America has been suffering from a split personality that separates the spiritual from everyday life. It seems one is only supposed to think of spiritual in relation to religion, which it isn't. Spiritual is a part of religion, but it's also a part of everyday life.


I'm doing better today. I finish four of the 200 poems I'm dedicating to the Blessed Beauty. I don't know if I will finish any more today because I have to review at least two more items for "Game of Thrones and start a short story or poem for Week 3. I wrote poems for Week 1 and 2, so I will write a short story for Week 3: "Prompt 1: Pink, fluffy unicorns are apparently very popular. But what about unicorns who aren't pink? And who don't have a fluffy personality at all... ~ Story".

"House Of Black & White Fun (Non-Political) Article Prompt: My story will be about The Cats (that used to be) in My Life, word count 1000+, no specific time limit, but my deadline is Wednesday or Thursday..


Footnotes
1  Counsels and Explanations by 'Abdu'l-Baha -- Daily Readings for August 9, 2017.


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow Valentine (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow Valentine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917510-Motivational-Monday-August-14-2017