*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917791-A-plan-for-life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2094067
Challenges and activities
#917791 added August 18, 2017 at 4:54am
Restrictions: None
A plan for life
This is my journal. I will write my story so I cannot forget what my goal was from the start. Things have changed considerably, but I am still positive everything will work out for the better.

Keep alert, keep alive, keep focused! I keep repeating this mantra to myself all day for several days now.

I was closing in on my goal, which was marrying a real Thai Princess.

I am but an ordinary Dutch guy, but my aim in life is to have a real good life where I don’t have to work that hard to accomplish things. So, marrying a real princess and becoming part of a royal Asian family comes pretty close.

But let me start at the beginning.

I went to Thailand as an exchange student and a model, like a lot of guys. To learn about other cultures, make money and have a real good time.

I wasn’t doing all that bad, really, when I read about this Thai sultanate with an eligible daughter. That’s when it hit me. If I could only meet this young woman and become friends with her, I might have a chance to win her over and be a prince in my own right.

Some would consider this scheming and foul play because they have this preconception of romantic love that is only working if you meet by chance, but I say no…a prearranged marriage is also something they did for centuries and it worked as good or as bad as the so called free marriages. Why not plan this one out and see what the result is?
So I waited for a chance to meet this girl who was a student herself.

Because of my good looks, I am a visitor at a lot of parties in high society Thailand and one night it was bingo. Somebody introduced me to Layla, the Thai princess who was living anonymously and quietly in the city of Bangkok.

I immediately recognized her and staged my introduction in such a way that it looked like I didn’t know who she was. From then on it was easy, because she was a lovely and interesting young woman. I didn’t have to fake anything, I really liked her from the start.

We began meeting every weekend and soon we kissed, fondled and became boyfriend and girlfriend. She was very open about her family and where she came from. It was understood from the start that if things worked out well for us, we would have to marry because living together was not done in her circles. I obliged of course, as a Dutch guy with a good Dutch upbringing, I only was happy that everything worked according to plan.

So we had this really exceptional royal wedding. There were a lot of guests from abroad, an international wedding. We were dressed in traditional clothing. We looked real good!

We were happy.

So far so good.

But then I made my first mistake. I became greedy.

I wanted more money and more wealth that belongs to the really rich. A sultanate has its own benefits which come with the title and the grounds, but it's more the name and the history than anything else.

We weren’t poor, but we were not filthy rich either. And I wanted filthy rich!

So, I had to adjust the plan. Not only did I marry my princess, I wanted to have my own money as well.

And the drug scene could do the trick, I thought.

So I began to import and export high-quality cocaine from Thailand to the Netherlands. Amsterdam is a haven for drug users and a good route to the rest of Europe.

I set up a business like an ordinary business with a plan, worksheets, and my own accountant, leaving nothing to chance.

So I gathered.

Till one day the police dragged me out of my bed and put me into a Thai jail cell. The charges were unusual high: they wanted to make an example out of me. Fifty years imprisonment is what I am facing.

So now I am sitting in my cell, murmuring my mantra over and over, again: Keep alert, keep alive, keep focused!

The only good thing is that my wife is visiting every day. I hope she will continue to do so, without her I am lost.

Phase three of my plan will be to escape this prison and flee to the Netherlands. I have friends there who will hide me for a couple of months in order to go to a country I cannot get expedited from.

I am still working on that one.

Because of my high status, I am reasonably comfortable here. I meditate a lot, do my usual push-ups to keep fit and have enough money to bribe the guards and to keep other inmates at a distance.

But the thing I miss most is my peanut butter and jelly sandwich. As a prince I could import it from Europe, as an inmate I lack it. It’s what makes my stay here uncomfortable.

But I don’t think you would understand that.

Am I losing it?

I feel more uncomfortable lately, the other inmates look at me funny. It’s been a while since my wife has visited me. I am feeling all alone and I don’t know how to execute my plan to escape. I am at a loss here.

The second mistake is I told an inmate that I am a Prince. He was very interested of course. Perhaps I shouldn’t have told him. Perhaps I have endangered myself. There is a lot of poverty in here, they don’t like royalty much.

The lights are out, I cannot write anymore.

----

NEWS ALERT BANGKOK.
In a cell in the county jail of Bangkok, Thailand, they found the body of Prince M.K. from the Netherlands. The Prince who was jailed because of his involvement in manufacturing and selling hard drugs was sentenced to fifty years imprisonment.
He was stabbed to death. An inquiry is on the way. The Sultanate is not available for comment.


WC:1018
Prompt: Facebook message: Dutch guy marries Thai Princess.



© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917791-A-plan-for-life