*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917894
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#917894 added August 19, 2017 at 9:27am
Restrictions: None
Chief Memominee Statue
Prompt: Lyn wants us to write about monuments in our area and a mystery story about them.

I have no mystery story to write but we have a Chief Menominee Statue 30 minutes away from us. I live in Indiana. He was chief of the Potawatomi Indians and the Indians lived at Twin Lakes. Chief Menominee refused to leave with his tribe after negotiations and he and his people stood firm. Sadly, they were lead away and forced to leave and walked The Potawatomi Trail of Death like the Cherokees. Sadly, Indians died away and Chief Menominee and his tribe had to live in Kansas. Chief Menominee lived three years after the move.

A beautiful, big statue stands where he and his tribe lived. He wears the head dress and I feel sorry for him even though he is just a statue. I have seen this statue and I have respect for it and him as a chief. Teen-agers go party with the chief. They will climb the big statue and put a beer can in his hand. At least, he isn't damaged and there is no harm done. Some Potawatomi Indians live 45 minutes away and have casinos and a neat zoo called Potawatomi Zoo. I love this zoo and all the animals.

Sadly, I don't see the Indians and wish I could. Being part Cherokee and Apache, I am happy about that. It would be nice to see Indians. After all, I live in Indiana.

** Image ID #930012 Unavailable **



© Copyright 2017 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917894