*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917920-Chili
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#917920 added August 19, 2017 at 6:33pm
Restrictions: None
Chili
Chili:
August 19th
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297401-d1551995-Reviews-Ilaia_Hotel
Punta_Arenas_Magallanes_Region.html
We’re doing a walking tour while our luggage is being taken to the hotel.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g297401-d11469815-Punta_Aren...


{image:2092901
}

Book:Travels in a thin Country by Sara Wheeler (a story about traveling in chili.)

Quote from the introduction of "Travels in a thin country" by Sara Wheeler "I set off with two carpetbags and a desire to find out what Chili was about."

Th Laia Hotel is different. It is adequate and has some definite views of the city from out suites.

Punta Arenas means Sandy Point in English. It seems to be surrounded by water. The port is a place for ships that supply Antarctic bases in West Antarctica.

There is a park near the center of town. Hotels and other important buildings are found near the park. I am impressed with the wide streets, traffic lights and regulated traffic.

Other parts of the city have older homes not quite so ornate as in some other countries we have visited.

We visited the municipal cemetery which is quite ornate. There are many statues as a part of the graves depicting angels and other spiritual things. The cemetery is full of living plants and trees and paved walkways which make it peaceful like a park.

a replica of Megellan's ship is one of the special sights in the Salesian Museum. I was impressed with many objects and paintings of original societies. Maybe there will be more time another day to see more. It is a very interesting place to learn about Chilean History.

Merit Badge in Blogging
[Click For More Info]

Congrats on winning 3rd Place in the May 2017  [Link To Item #30dbc] !
















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917920-Chili