*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918257-Beauty
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#918257 added August 23, 2017 at 11:02am
Restrictions: None
Beauty?
Blog City image small     BEAUTY?
   


Prompt: "Unique and different is the new generation of beautiful-You don't have to be like everybody else. In fact, I don't think you should." Taylor Swift How do you feel about this quote?

That's an unanswerable question. It's part of human genetics, our DNA. Seeking a mate is instinctive and drives that recognition on a very primary level.

Beyond that the the industry of mass media shapes and steers the desires and behavior of almost everyone toward a profit-driven theme.

I particuarly note all the female newscasters (opinion speakers) on Fox News. They all are a television makeup artist's dream---the eyes, the eyelashes, the cheekbones, the skin tones so finely shaded. Artificial? Yes! Does that Beauty belong on a news program. Their confidence says they think so, Are you distracted by this?

There is the world of celebrity fashion and makeup. That would be where you'd find Taylor Swift and all the other thousnds of actors, singers and entertainers whose images flash across our screens everyday. Enormous amounts of money and investment go into producing those images. They don't really look like that. The makeup 'face' is carefully reproduced daily to maintain the image.

I know because I worked as a makeup artist in Hollywood and faced some of those folks at 4:00AM when they arrived for makeup and wardrobe. They mostly were just plain, ordinary folks arriving for work, needing more sleep and struggling to learn scripts or lyrics. Of course they had to close their eyes while we did our magic. And then the look at a mirror to reassure that the image looked just like yesterday. Believe me, some were very particular. The same went for the hairdressers.

I did lots of men's makeup---talk about subtle. It had to look natural and not like makeup. Then there is men's hair. Many are balding or receeding. Hair pieces and wigs were a hidden secret that had to be maintained. And required constant attention during shooting. Plus the hairpieces required maintaining because they're very expensive.

So---what you see is seldom real beauty. There are some humans, both women and men who are breathtakeingly beautiful with no help. Your jaw drops and you can't take your eyes off them. Isn't it amazing that we see that without anyone telling us.

It's in your DNA....enjoy... ...iggy *Boat*


banner with iguana
 

© Copyright 2017 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918257-Beauty