*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
26
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918266-Easter-Island
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#918266 added August 23, 2017 at 2:22pm
Restrictions: None
Easter Island
spring butterflys


Since there is no particular post yet for today I decided to trek out on my own and look at something I have been interested in about chili.

I always wonder about indigenous people in areas that I am reading about. reference: https://ww.iwgia.org/regions/latin-america/chile So, I went looking for information about the tribes of chili. For one thing there is only one tribe Mapuche that is still basically a rural people. The others can be found in urban areas although they are still basically more poverty stricken that other residents of chili. Even though this is true their populations are rising within the country.

One thing I learned about chili when looking at indigineous is the fact that Easter Island is a part of chili. One of the 9 tribes, the Rapa Nui lives on Easter Island. a Dutch explorer discovered Easter Island on Christian Easter Sunday, April 5, 1722. The local name in Polynesian of the Island is also Rapa Nui. Easter Island is considered the most remote Island of the earth. It is famous for its monolithic statues. Each statue weighs approximately 20 tons. the Statues are called Moai.

Chili's present constitution does not give indigineous people rights that are up to international standards. Some, additions to their laws were passed in 2008 but are presently having a difficult time to process and achieve the intended success.

While here I stayed in the Villa Nutila: It has a lot of privacy and a pool. It was difficult to choose because all the Villas are beautiful. The island has become a tourist attraction with bike riding and of course sight seeing.

Aug. 23---We have a very early day in the morning we’re flying to Santiago, Chile It’s a six-hour flight so when we arrive at the hotel. Yup I got a sweet deal at a 5 star hotel. You can have room service or in the restaurant, it’s up to you but the view is amazing.http://www.sancristobaltowersantiago.com/?EM=M8_TRIP_BL_WEBSITE_LC_206_LAD_ENG&a...
Breakfast needs to be done by 9am we leave at 9:30 prompt--
Grab your sneakers and comfy clothes we’re going bike riding
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g294305-d11472608-Santiago_B...
we’re going out for dinner, it’s supposed to be the place to go in the old city
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g294305-d3843350-Reviews-Peumayen_...
Sweet dreams we have early flight to La Paz


I returned to the San Cristobal Tower to continue the tour. The views of the city spreading away from the tower into the mist of the morning is splendid. The staff was so helpful when I ran in quickly to check in then join the bike tour at the last minute.

Touring the city on bikes was also a special way to see the sights. Some of the city is so modern. Then there are some uphill climbs that show magnificent views of the mountains. Santiago is the riches city of Latin America. There is an extinct volcano (Santos Lucia) in the center of the city. A train goes up the mountain to San Christabel where there is a outdoor flea market, and a huge statue of Mary the mother of Jesus. In the center of the city we toured the Plaza D Armas which is the central plaza. The first church built in Latin America is there (it was so ornate with huge pictorial skylights). A Franciscan Monastery was next door. We also toured the Presidential palace. Street performers are everywhere in the city. There is also an abundance of very friendly stray dogs. Stray dogs are kept well fed but no one bothers to take them home. The markets have so much food in them. Some one at a market said the restaurants do not have the best cooking. I was aware of the mounted police in the central plaza who all wore bullet proof vests. The more modern buildings are very tall sky scrapers probably the Andes watchful influence. Another strenuous sight seeing day.

Merit Badge in Just Because
[Click For More Info]

In validation of your comments on my blogs! *^*Smile*^* Happy Trails



© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918266-Easter-Island