*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918351-Dark-Story-prompt-Whats-for-dinner-Honey---Your-Mother
Rated: 18+ · Book · Activity · #2131782
A place to store my Game of Thrones writings.
#918351 added August 24, 2017 at 11:17am
Restrictions: None
Dark Story prompt: What's for dinner, Honey? Your Mother.
Dark Story
Prompt: What's for dinner Honey? Your mother.
Word Count: 403

Abbas didn't remember her father. He left the pride when she had only been two years old. Her mother, Ariel, had begged the great Felix to stay longer, but he couldn't be reasoned with. Deep down, the young lioness blamed herself for her father's abrupt departure. Abbas wasn't like the other lions. While their strong, lean bodies boasted the golden brown color which lions were known for, Little Abbas was born with a genetic rarity. She shocked everyone by being born white.

Despite her differences, the rest of the pride accepted her and even grew to respect her. She was raised by her loving mother and her aunts. Ah, the fun she had as a cub, frolicking through the scrub and grasslands of home. The mothers of the cubs taught them the art of hunting at an early age. Abbas thought that was fun, too.

They happily scampered through the cattails of the wetlands while hunting. Ariel couldn't be more prouder of her daughter, while she watched her run and jump faster than the others. In Ariel's smiling eyes, she always saw the most beautiful and sweetest lioness of all the cubs.

One sunny morning, there was a terrible accident. The cubs were playing by the river, when a herd of wiledbeests stormed by. After the dust, plants, and water had settled, Ariel had frantically searched the area for her daughter and the rest of the lions. Her heart raced as she could find no one alive. Suddenly, Abbas popped up from the river, coughing up water as she paddled to the shore. Ariel limped over, her front paw terribly injured.

The two survivors were accepted into another pride by Felix, who saw the stampede from across the river. His new pride was not far from that place. Felix's new mate didn't like the idea of those new lioness's in the pride, so she devised a plan..

One evening during the wee hours, while Ariel and Abbas were asleep, the rest of the lionesses went out to hunt. In the morning, Abbas went out for her daily stroll. She loved to strut along the coast of the river, thinking about the friends she lost. When she returned, she was delighted to smell the aroma of a really delicious dish. "Oooh, honey, she said to one of the younger lionesses of the new pride, what's for dinner?"

"Your mother." The little lioness replied innocently.







© Copyright 2017 Maryann - House Martell (UN: mhicks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maryann - House Martell has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918351-Dark-Story-prompt-Whats-for-dinner-Honey---Your-Mother