*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918352-La-Paz
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#918352 added August 24, 2017 at 11:19am
Restrictions: None
La Paz
August 24
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294072-d10623167-Reviews-Atix_Hotel-La...
Lunch at:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g294072-d11924875-Reviews-Berlusca...
and then we’re going to an art museum, we haven’t been to one in a while
remember no wandering off, it’s dangerous.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294072-d318835-Reviews-National_M...
Bar life is limited but I did find a Hard Rock Café
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294072-d4079348-Reviews-Hard_Rock...


Owl with signature




Once again we find ourselves in a great hotel. From some rooms in the Atix you can look out across La Paz to the mountains beyond.

Bolivia has no real access to the South Pacific Sea. They are presently in negotiations with Chili to gain an access. The Andes lay between La Paz and the ocean. However they have a Navy and that enterprising organization plays war games on the very large lake Titicaca outside of La Paz.

The National Museum d' Art is in an 19th century mansion. The 126 year old mansion was designed by Gustave Eiffel, who created the Eiffel Tower.

Quote:" Harboring a clear political tone, many of the museum’s paintings are based on famous figures such as Fidel Castro and Che Guevara as well as focusing on themes such as the conquest of the Incan empire and other Latin American invasions."

From the museum I came aware of the fact that Bolivia has a indigineous president who has been in office for a decade. Bolivia is one of the world's poorest countries. The museum asked for passports to check identities as we entered. Although, it does not seem very dangerous. We are warned to keep important papers such as passports safe. It is not unknown for petty pickpockets or kidnapping by taxi drivers to occur.

Reference: http://www.lapazlife.com/places/museum-of-contemporary-art-museo-de-arte-contemp... I was interested to see that you can take pictures for a fee off $3.00 US money in the museum. You can also buy art from the museum. I especially liked the paintings of indigenous life in the country. Much of the art was religious in nature.

I purchased the bilingual catalog to help me learn about the culture and history portrayed in paintings. The signs and videos are all in Spanish. The museum has just completed a renovation recently.

There are 10 museums where special parts of Bolivian culture in La Paz can be viewed. A 20 minute walk northeast from the Prado brings me to a textile museum. It displays the weaving industry of Bolivia. There is a souvenir shop where weavers sell their wares. I visited this museum. Here we see the real craft that is produced from Llama hair (mohair) and sheep's wool. Some of the designs are wonderful. They depict the life around the weavers.

It is a question whether the Hard Rock Cafe is a member of the original franchise or not. Nevertheless, they serve up a great burger, when tourists are tired and hungry. We met other tourists there. Sandra Lyn, Lady Lyn of House Florent, Blue Moon and I were able to strike up conversations with tourists from Canada. Everyone had a good time.

Merit Badge in Blogging
[Click For More Info]

Congrats on winning 3rd Place in the May 2017  [Link To Item #30dbc] !

















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918352-La-Paz