*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918421-The-Andes
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#918421 added August 25, 2017 at 10:03am
Restrictions: None
The Andes
August 25
Rise and Shine Buttercups, we’re going to the Andes dress comfortably and bring warm clothes.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g294072-d11764741-Tiwanaku_F...
Tiwanaku is a ceremonial center constructed about 1,000 years ago. Not much is known about the pre-inca civilization but Tiwanaku is the greatest archeological pre- inca site in all South America and if you want to learn more about this culture, this is definitely the place to go.
See the treasures in the museums in form of gold, ceramic and silver pieces and experience the mystic of the monoliths and volcanic stone- structures in the architectural site.
The duration of this is approximately 8-hour starting at 8:30am with a pick up from your hotel and returning you back at 4pm.
Once we pick you up, we'll drive for 2-hour approx. Our first stop will be a visit tot he Museums, then the Temple of Kalasasaya, the Gateway of the Sun and finally Akapana Pyramids and Monoliths.
Please note that the weather in La Paz is very unpredictable, therefore we recommend you to prepare for a sunny day as well as a cold one. Bring sunscreen and warm clothes.
• U.S and Canadian Citizens: Must bring a government issued photo ID and proof of citizenship (U.S birth certificate or naturalization certificate) or a passport for re-entry to the United States. Children, ages 18 and under only require a birth certificate. Non-U.S. Citizens: Either a Passport, I-94, Multiple Entry Visa or Resident Alien Card is required for re-entry to the United States
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund


Owl with signature


I read a book in July called "The Lost City of the Monkey god" by Douglas Preston. Although this was a archeology nonfiction story based in Honduras, it was the first I had ever heard of Pre Inca civilizations.



I like archeology. It tells us so much about ancient civilizations. The temple of kalasaya has been excavated and renewed. It looked like it had a giant sundial in the center of the building.

I did not recognize the name Tiwanaku. I have heard the name Tiahuanaco. I wonder if it is something I read about Easter Island when I was reading a writing by some other archeologist years ago? Anyway, the site we visited was special. Even though at sometime in history there were looters still many amazing parts of the site remain. "A Gateway of the Sun" and a "Gateway of the Moon" and sundials in the temple show how involved they were with time and weather.

Dated before the Incas this civilization was very evolved. It had running water, homes for families and well cared for gardens for feeding the public.

What will our civilization look like in 1000 or 2000 years? *FlowerY*

*TulipY* Merit Badge in Blogging
[Click For More Info]

Congrats on winning 3rd Place in the May 2017  [Link To Item #30dbc] ! *Lime*


© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918421-The-Andes