*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918776
Rated: ASR · Book · Activity · #2127490
The place where I will put my Game of Thrones things
#918776 added August 28, 2017 at 2:23pm
Restrictions: None
The Time Traveler's Change
"Hey girl. It's your Fairy Godmother here to give you one wish."
"What's the catch?"
"Catch? Oh yea. I can't kill anyone, I can't make anyone fall in love with anyone else. I can't give you more wishes. I can't make you younger either."
"Is that all?" I asked skeptically.
"Yea. Let's get this done. What do you want? Money? Jewels? New Job that you absolutely love? The knowledge of a degree?"
"Can I travel through time?" I wondered simply. She thought hard for a minute.
"Seriously?" Her face became confused. "Why would you want to do that?"
"Can you do it?"
"I think I can. When do you want to go?"
"Trick question."
"Okay, I need some specifics,"
"I want to go back to my college days just after I met Caleb. I need to talk to myself."
"Are you sure about this? You've seen the movies about how you could mess with things that aren't supposed to be messed with."
"There are two things in my life that I wish I could change. This is my chance to make those changes."
"Okay, if you are sure about this." She waved her wand over me as a portal opened in front of me.
"How do I get back?" I asked worried I might get stuck.
"The portal will open in the exact same spot in one hour no more time."
"Thank you for doing this for me." I stepped through the portal and looked back as my godmother disappeared on the other side.
Turning, I began to walk with purpose. What day was it? What time was it? I walked around a corner and suddenly found myself staring at my younger self kissing Caleb goodbye. The memory came back so vividly. My stomach tightened as I thought I was going to loose him for some reason.
Caleb and younger I separated, Caleb walked off happier than I had seen him in a while. I hid behind the corner until he passed and I could follow myself back to my room.
I found my younger self entering her room. I walked to the door and for some reason knocked. It was technically my room but then again she might freak out too.
"Who is it?" She asked through the door.
I rolled my eyes wondering how I was going to answer this question.Quickly, "I need to see you." I simply stated.
She opened the door slowly and just froze then fainted.
Great! I walked in the room and drug her in, closed the door behind us. I put her on the bed then began looking through her notebooks and things. About fifteen minutes in she woke. I was looking through her diary. I realized I didn't write a lot about my life while in college. I missed that part.
"What are you doing in my things?" She was upset obviously because someone was going through her things without her permission. I got that.
"I'm looking for your stories."
Frowning,"Why do you want those?"
"Sometime in the future you get rid of them. Trash them, I want to save them. I miss those stories and think they could help us in our desire to be a writer."
"Are you crazy? What is the we and our part of this story?" I finally turned around to face her hoping that she wouldn't faint again.
"Kady, I am you from the distant future. I don't have time to go into the details. I just need those stories. I want those stories simply because I don't want you to think they are worthless. I wish we still had them, hence the reason I've come back for them and to tell you to save yourself for Caleb."
She shook her head as if to clear everything except what I had just said.
"What are you talking about?"
"Look, Here's the thing. We need to keep the 15 to 20 stories you've written. I don't care how. Just PLEASE keep those stories."
"Okay what's up with Caleb, how do you know about him?"
I tilted my head and gave her my best 'really' look. "Caleb, doesn't deserve what you put him through. He really loves you and cares about you. I hurt him deeply a lot when I was your age. I want that to change. You have a decision to make this afternoon." I looked at my watch my time was almost up. "Look, do me a favor and don't sleep with Dustin. Don't sleep with any of the guys you know. They just want what they can get from you. They don't love you. And if you sleep with Dustin, it will be nothing like what you thought it would be. Sleeping with Matt or Mike the same, There's no emotion in it because they don't care for you as a lover they care for you as a sister. It's a mistake that I wish I could change and now I am hoping I will." I have to go, please come with me. We began walking through the hall and across the campus to where the portal was to appear. "One final piece of advice, you and I are the same sister." My hands swung between us. "You are NOT your father. You are Kady Elaine, you love to write more than anything on the earth. You love to read romances and life is not always a romance." I knew I needed to hear that although it would probably change things in my life I had not thought about, but I would deal with the changes that I made when I got back to my time.
The portal opened, I began to step through, she stopped me.
"I will listen to you. Thank you for the warning."
"Keep writing. Write all the time. Short stories, long stories, journal what has happened over the last year. Take your time when writing. Go back to class. You won't miss anything if you do. Try and change your major if you want. Just go ask, the worst they can say is NO." I stepped through the portal as she let go of my arm. Turning to see her and the portal disappear, my fairy godmother stood there next to me.
"Well, did you help yourself?" New memories emerged from somewhere in my mind as I realized, there were a lot of better changes in my life that had happened.
"I did help myself. Thank you for the wish.

Word Count 1081

First Image for my signature
© Copyright 2017 Cadie Laine (UN: iamrighter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cadie Laine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918776