*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918794
Rated: ASR · Book · Activity · #2127490
The place where I will put my Game of Thrones things
#918794 added August 28, 2017 at 4:00pm
Restrictions: None
One last Adventure
Kindred stood in the tallest tower the castle held and wondered how his life had come to this. As he looked out across the early afternoon sky he wished beyond everything to escape. Escape the life he was born to, escape the arranged marriage proposals that he'd sat through that morning.
Every single one of the ladies were a daughter of someone who just wanted physical things instead of wanting him for who he was. The daughter of the duke, the oldest daughter of a rich lord, and a power hungry marquess. Now at the end of the morning he'd heard enough to make him give everything up and just run away. He couldn't leave his parent like that though simply because he was their only child, he was the only heir to the throne of Kasic, a peaceful farming country.
Listening to to how great each girl was, their father's also boasted about the benefits of the match to their daughter. As the father's talked, Kindred asked each lady to go for a walk. He wanted to see for himself if these women were worth his time. He needed to know if he had a chance to fall in love with any of them. Once the father's and daughters left the castle, Kindred came to a simple conclusion. He would simply die before he married any of these women. That's when he ran for the tallest tower to find peace.
The door behind him creaked open, by the perfume that wafted through the room he knew exactly who had walked up to talk to him.
"Hello Mother," he said calmly without turning.
"Kindred, darling, why not just choose a girl. The duke's daughter, Gabrielle was nice."
"Spoiled, selfish and simply unkind." He rested his hand on the side of the window.
"What about the Marque's daughter, Susan?"
"God, she's too needy, and there's the lazy eye thing, that freaks me out."
"What about the Lord Justice's daughter Michelle?"
"Mother, really," he turned to see her hoping he'd choose someone. "I"m surprised you can't see the problem with her. She just wants to increase her family's wealth by marrying me."
"There's got to be someone out there for you." The hope had left her voice as her hands cupped his face.
"Yes, there is. I have to find her. Someone who'll love me for the man I ma not the title I have."
"What do you plan?" She knew he'd thought something through, he always was ahead of everyone else around him.
"A short trip to the forest to clear my head. A few days maybe a week shoudl be long enough.
"YOu know your father won't like you running off." She warned. "But I'll take care of him." She soothed.

First Image for my signature
© Copyright 2017 Cadie Laine (UN: iamrighter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cadie Laine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918794