*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918880-Undying-Interactive-Sarahs-Renaissance
Rated: 18+ · Book · Drama · #2089049
Only work submitted for the Game of Thrones
#918880 added August 28, 2017 at 8:11pm
Restrictions: None
Undying Interactive. Sarah's Renaissance
Naveed tagged Joy who tagged Neva who tagged Lyn who tagged Cheri.
{w.c. 675}

Sarah's Renaissance

“I can believe it, dad. Jed has been trying to burn that place down for months now for the insurance. He probably succeeded.”
“Daughter, how can you say such things?”
“It’s the truth. He is not the great man people think he is.”
“Please do not speak of such to anyone else, it is not wise to draw attention to yourself, especially when you have spent so much time with the police as it is.”
Sarah held her tongue. Dad looked so stricken at this moment. It would not be wise to put him in a position where he would have to withhold information or lie.
“Okay, dad, whatever you say.”
Sarah knew of the store. She did not need to go there. But she did want to make sure the insurance policy was gone. She quickly printed off a resume, grabbed the keys, “Dad, I need the car. I’m applying at that insurance company we talked about.”
“I will need it by ….”
“Okay, bye, love you.” She was out the door and in the car before her dad finished his sentence.
Ahmad really should have learned how to leave text messages, but it was too complicated. He preferred the email. “Sarah, I need the car this afternoon. Please do not do anything more than interview for the position.”
Sarah arrived at the agency to low level chaos. Policies were being pulled and copied for all the businesses on the same block as the bookstore. Sarah did not mind the wait. She placed her hand on the computer server and recited her incantation. The computers went down. Paperwork was catching on fire on the copy machine, in the in-boxes, in the outgoing mail section. Any record of Jed’s policy disappeared in smoke.
“Lady, we have a disaster. If you have a claim, call it in.”
“I want a job.”
“You can’t be serious!”
“I brought my resume…”
“Not now! We have ten businesses putting in claims.”
“They can’t all be your customers….”
“But the fire starter is. You don’t know anything about insurance, get out of here. You would be wasting paper leaving it here. I wouldn’t hire you.”
Sarah’s eyes narrowed. “Should I or should I not?”
“I don’t understand your question.”
“Of course not.”
“Leave!”
“All right!”
Maybe just a little nudge, “Do you need help?”
“No, just clumsy.” The agent hoisted himself up and limped away, leaning on whatever was close so as not to fall over again.
On her way home, Sarah stopped through the drive through. She just needed a few dollars …. a thought started building in the back of her brain. Jed banked here. How much did he owe her for what he did. Probably more than he had, she needed to check.
Standing in the midst of the other patrons, Sarah took a grid by grid scan of who did what and where things were likely to be. She knew where the lock boxes were. How hard could it be to get back there? How hard could it be to get his accounts transferred to her? Cameras all over, encrypted computers, and transactions dozens of layers thick and backed up every ten minutes. Sarah left the bank a little dejected. She wondered three buildings down, put her key in the lock, heavy sigh while pulling the door open …. a smile spreads across Sarah’s face. Bradford & Associates, these were the attorneys who handled her mother’s probate. Sarah only needed the idea, the actual plan would be carried out by the best contract law firm she could afford. They would carry out the liquidation of Jed’s assets and transfer them to her. In the meantime, she needed to find something of value so that she could get in the lockbox area of Jed’s bank. If she had to open every box in there, she would find the one that belonged to him and claim her restitution.
In the meantime, she had to get the car back to dad. Must be important if he was so insistent.


signature of calalilly
~~Image #4000 Sharing Restricted~~
© Copyright 2017 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918880-Undying-Interactive-Sarahs-Renaissance