*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/919163-BW-final-cut-prompt-10-wc-586
Rated: 18+ · Book · Drama · #2089049
Only work submitted for the Game of Thrones
#919163 added August 29, 2017 at 9:29pm
Restrictions: None
B&W final cut prompt 10. w.c. 586
10. Anyone who makes you cry isn't worth your love.
*DoorW* 5000 Points
[w.c. 586]

The last tear cried for Harley was the last she would cry for a love now gone. He proved unworthy, therefore all men were unworthy. The gatekeeper on her heart locked up tight. The only ones allowed to enter are those who earned their place through kinship or sisterhood.
The plan worked for a while. As the years flowed by, the tears for man were not there, the tears of joy or fear for family were all too frequent. The tears from a man’s love were channeled into the love felt for a mother, a sister, a kind friend, an aunt, an uncle, a cousin -- as the list grew, the tears dried up.
Maybe that’s why “John”, if that was his real name, had such a powerful impact upon her when he responded to her overtures and then chose another. The tears flowed freely. The tears were too many, too fast, the wellspring of many years of hoarding, all to be wasted on a man not worth the effort. This time she swore she learned her lesson. “No man worth crying over is worth my love or attention.”
Her sister, Nancy, was the only one who really understood. Nancy listened and offered solice. Usually it was enough. But not this time. She had spent money on the dating websites and wanted her money’s worth. Nancy thought that was foolish. Maybe Nancy was right.
There were four more takers on the search for the perfect man. Only one had any real promise, but she did not find common ground with him. The three that she wanted to be with all turned out to be scammers seeking only monetary contributions, and they would use any means necessary to get it.
A bucketload of tears shed for each unworthy male species. So is love worth the tears you shed? She thought back. She could have had a relationship with Rick, but papa said no. So she let him down easy. And no tears were shed. The second was a married liar and not worth the tears shed for the betrayal. The third was by force. The tears she were for the violation, not because there was any love. The fourth faucet of tears was for the father of her child, who admitted that he never really cared for her. Four attempts to find a lasting love, only to find betrayal and heartache. Harley traded cars. He knew the art of the deal. He read her like a book. And she fell into his powers so easily.
The happiness lasted until she announced she was pregnant with his child. He had no desire to have more children. He made every effort to counter her every parenting decision. When that effort to break her will failed, he resorted to the one thing that would. He found three willing female bodies to give him pleasure. His biggest surprise that was that she would not waste one more tear on him. His last act was to pull back his fast to make it land. “Better make it a good one.” He lowered his fist unsure where her act of defiance came from. Her last tear was to confront his consort. The whore took a calculated risk to call him at home. The “sorry, I dialed the wrong number” was met with “Oh, I think you know exactly what number you dialed.”
Strange that it took all this time to realize that the no one who “makes” you cry is worth your love.


signature of calalilly
~~Image #4000 Sharing Restricted~~
© Copyright 2017 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/919163-BW-final-cut-prompt-10-wc-586