*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/919227-House-of-Black-and-White-Prompt-12-wc-346
Rated: 18+ · Book · Drama · #2089049
Only work submitted for the Game of Thrones
#919227 added August 30, 2017 at 8:18am
Restrictions: None
House of Black and White Prompt 12, w.c. 346
12. How to gain one's confidence?
[w.c. 346]



It took all of childhood’s focus to set the dream and claim it. And only a moment to destroy it.

I spent four years in an institute of higher learning to brag that I can now leave with degree in hand and join the working world and be a success. And that claim was dashed against proverbial stone.

I spent several years beating myself up thinking that everything was a waste and I was just wasting space on this planet.

I wish I had found Landmark Forum twenty years earlier. Wait, I did, but I did not act on it. I looked at the price tag and said, “Gee, wow, Mike, can’t afford it.” Ten years later and hundreds more expensive, I looked back and said: “gee, wow, Mike, how could I not afford it?”

Spending money on me was always a conceited thing to do. Now I look at it as an investment. Gaining confidence is just a conversation you have with yourself, just the way you look at yourself. And it doesn’t mean anything.

You have a choice, speak positive things that come from Creator, or you speak wicked things that come from the Evil One. Creator is more powerful and loves me more. Evil One just uses me as a kick toy.

Truly confidence is created in the moment, and, in some cases, has to be re-created moment by moment. What does it look like? That changes with each person. Pick a moment that you felt success. Let those body sensations overtake you. These sensations often mimic fear. Once you retrain your brain to pull up the positive body sensations, when those feelings come upon you, you will associate them with success. I don’t know why, I only know that it happens that way. I also know that the more of those experiences you have to link together, the more you have in your arsenal. When success scenarios flood the forefront of your brain, that is who you will be. I don’t know why, I just know that this is how it works.



signature of calalilly
~~Image #4000 Sharing Restricted~~
© Copyright 2017 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/919227-House-of-Black-and-White-Prompt-12-wc-346