*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/919237-Columbia
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#919237 added August 30, 2017 at 11:36am
Restrictions: None
Columbia
Owl with signature *TulipR* }


August 30, 2017

We're flying to Bogota, Bolivia
We'll be here today and the 31st. We have flights late on the 31st back to Miami
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294074-d301960-Reviews-Four_Seasons_Ho...
We're going out in style this month. The Four Seasons Bogota is an outstanding hotel! Excellent staff that is very helpful, pleasant, and professional. The hotel rooms are luxurious with extremely comfortable beds and furniture. The food was delicious.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g294074-d11451914-Bogota_Cit...
We have the 8 hour option today. Discover the best of Bogotá’s tourist attractions, covering its most famous neighborhoods, museums and sights on this tour with optional 5-hour or 8-hour itineraries. Explore the cobblestoned streets of the La Candelaria neighborhood, see the city’s historic district and La Catedral Primera (Prime Cathedra), view gold artifacts at the famed Museo de Oro and take a cable car to the famous Mount Monserrate. Your trip also includes a guide, hotel pickup and drop-off, entrance fees and lunch. et a taste for the best the Colombian capital has to offer on this city tour that’s chock-full of history, culture and stunning sights. Whether you’re interested in colonial architecture, history, art or simply looking for great views, this tour is sure to delight.

Your day begins with pickup at 8:30am from your Bogotá hotel and heads first to the atmospheric neighborhood of La Candelaria. This historic neighborhood, bursting with colorful facades, ornate ironwork and interesting buildings, is perfect for photographers and architecture-lovers.
From there, proceed with your guide to the Plaza de Bolívar (Bolívar Plaza) to take in some of the city’s most famous historic structures surrounding the square, including La Catedral Primera and the Capitolio Nacional (National Capitol). Then head over to the Museo de Botero, where you’ll see 100+ pieces of artwork by Colombian artist Francisco Botero, along with paintings from numerous other artists from around the world.
Depending on whether you’ve selected the 5-hour or 8-hour tour option, your day will also include the following:
5-hour tour:In addition to all of the sights mentioned above, this tour will make a stop at Bogotá’s incredible Museo de Oro, home to one of the world’s largest collections of Pre-Columbian gold objects. Finish your tour with a visit by cable car to the sky-high environs of Mount Monserrate, a peaceful religious pilgrimage site set in the mountains above Bogotá. Take in breathtaking views and grab a few photos before heading down the mountain for a drop-off back at your hotel.
Dinner and dancing at the hotel. There are 2 restaurants on site and a fun bar with music. Let's practice our latin dancing.
8-hour tour:Experience the best of Bogotá’s attractions on this 8-hour sightseeing trip, which includes all of the visits in the 5-hour option above plus an authentic Colombian lunch, a look at Quinta de Bolívar (home of the famous Simon Bolívar) and stops in additional city neighborhoods. Proceed the northern edge of the city to see the capital’s financial district, along with the Parque 93 area and its slick International Center. Finish your Bogotá exploration with a stop in the neighborhood of Usaqén, another colonial gem that is now populated by countless bars and restaurants. Conclude your tour with drop-off back at your Bogotá hotel.


Quote: "The alleged infraction occurred on Saturday when locals reported that uniformed Venezuelan troops crossed the border in the La Guajira province and set upon a group of indigenous people." From an article written by Stephen Gill august 29, 2017 https://colombiareports.com/colombia-venezuela-tension-escalates-weekend-border-...

A Book for Today: Following My Thumb by Gabriel Morris

We have returned to a country that borders Venezuela. Bogota is located on a High Plateau 3000 feet upward in the Andes Mountains. There are 15 million people living in the city. It is referred to as Bogota Savanna or as Bogota D.C. Bogota is considered the third highest city in South America.

La Candelaria Plaza is the old town part of the city. We see original churches from the founding of the city. The oldest La Catedra Primera was finished in 1567. In the plaza were
hundreds of pigeons. Merchants laid out their wares on blankets in the cobbled streets. I took a ride on a llama. I couldn't resist. All through old town are amazing murals. In the evenings street musicians serenade the public. Artists are everywhere in the city.

The rectangular National capitol building houses both congressional congress branches. There are two murals in the building painted by Santiago Martinez Delgado. The office of the countries President is also here. The building is located on the Plaza Bolivar.

Again, this plaza also held many pigeons. Other historic buildings are near this plaza. The Supreme Court of Justices and the constitutional court are here. I saw a vendor with huge Guava fruit displayed. I did not taste it yet but I wonder if it tastes like Avocado or Watermelon.

No wonder the hotel is so lush it is 4 Seasons Bogota Hotel and Spa. Look, there are TV's in the lounge area of my room. I need one of there lounge chairs in my home. I wonder what is on TV in Bogota. I have not stopped long enough to watch T.V. during this trip. I cannot decide for sure but I think the best places we have stayed, for me, were the Belmont Sanctuary Lodge at Machu Piccu or La Cason De La Rondo in Ecuador.

Bogota is huge. I saw an aerial view on T.V. It sits like a nest in the mountain and spreads out into the early morning mists.

© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/919237-Columbia