*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/919252
Rated: ASR · Book · Activity · #2127490
The place where I will put my Game of Thrones things
#919252 added August 30, 2017 at 11:23am
Restrictions: None
How to gain confidence
Last year, 2016 when I played Game of Thrones, I was on team Greyjoy. As much as I stayed to myself, I really enjoyed the game, and the challenges it provides. The battle reviews were interesting and took a lot of communication between the players and timing to complete. The reviews and writing pushed me out of my comfort zone as well as the time constraints on what was going on in the game. At the time I was still learning the ropes of the site and what was expected. I was not completely confident in my own writing. During the game last year, something changed that has boosted my confidence a lot. I was asked by my team leader Purple is House Florent my opinion of what I thought about a poem that she had written for the competition. I was seriously shocked. Someone whom I thought is an excellent writer and knowledgeable about writing, she's been writing longer than I had on here, was asking my opinion. I was honored that she thought of me.
I gave my opinion on her poem and offered a change to it, I think. She graciously said thank you, and that's when our friendship started.
We continued to correspond each other through WDC and I confided in her that after being on here for a year, she was the first to contact me and ask my opinion. It was her turn to be shocked. I mean as nice as everyone can be, it's still a place that you have to know someone in order to truly be apart of something. Not everyone is willing to get out of their bubble and make a new friend or even talk to people. This website allows people to quietly gain confidence in what they write.
Since that time last year we've discussed and ranted about different things, that have been going on in our lives. I've been privileged to help her with an auction she was holding. Just trying to keep up with the posts and things. She learned I am very organized. We've bounced ideas off each other and been confused at what the other is talking about. We've created a long distance friendship that has withstood some tough things. She's confided in me about things that I will not mention and I have confided in her about things that she will not be mentioned. She trusts me when I tell her that if she quits, I quit. She hasn't quit and neither will I. This year has presented a few new challenges and I wonder what the rest of the year holds. Probably different challenges that will test us even more than now.

Building confidence in someone takes time and effort, it takes communication and a willingness to be vulnerable. While building confidence in a new friend, you don't have to go and air out your laundry or reveal every skeleton in your closet, there is a such things as too much information. Confidence in someone is something like trust, you can loose that over time by not doing what you say you'll do. Part of the reason why I try stick with something is because I don't want to let anyone down. I know I'm not perfect and I know I will fail, I have failed many times at things I've done, but I own up to my mistakes and take the necessary action to try and correct what I've missed. When I do fall, having people around me that have confidence in me and what I'm trying to do, help me back up and dust me off, they keep me going. Confidence is an action, it's not a feeling. Well, today I feel like being confident in you, then tomorrow I don't feel like being confident. That's not true confidence in someone. That's superficial stuff and it's not worth having in your life.

If someone has confidence in you, do your best not to let them down no matter how hard life gets. Making that decision is something that can be the hardest to make.

In order to have confidence in yourself you have to believe that you can do whatever it takes to get your job done. You have to trust yourself to know that you can do what's expected. The job could be hard, frustrating and overall a pain in the boot. All your hard work will pay off in the end even if you don't get the original goal you wanted to achieve, you've still got the experience of working towards something. No matter whether or not you won or lost, you've learned something new. Something that works for you and something that doesn't work for you. You've grown through time. You've learned what you are capable of and how to push yourself harder in order to get the next job done. There are times that you'll lose confidence in yourself, while it may take more time to get that confidence back, just take baby steps to learn to trust yourself again, you'll get there and appreciate the work that you put into building yourself back up.



First Image for my signature
© Copyright 2017 Cadie Laine (UN: iamrighter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cadie Laine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/919252