*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/919430-Coffee-Plantations-and-Home
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#919430 added August 31, 2017 at 10:38am
Restrictions: None
Coffee Plantations and Home
August 31, This is going to be a long day so please be sure to have your luggage packed because it is being shipped to the airport by courier. We're off for our tour at 8:00am
Most of you know my addiction is coffee. I couldn't go to South America without checking out a coffee plantation.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g294074-d11451920-Colombian_...
Savor the world-famous coffee of Colombia, and learn about how it’s grown and made, on this 6-hour day trip to an authentic coffee plantation outside Bogotá. Head to the town of Fusagasugá, site of the Hacienda Coloma Coffee Plantation, with your guide, where you’ll get a first-hand look at the coffee-making process, sample the latest roasts and learn about the history of coffee. Your coffee tour also includes roundtrip transportation from your Bogotá hotel, lunch and all entrance fees.
Juan Valdez, eat your heart out. Caffeine lovers everywhere are sure to enjoy this insider visit to an authentic Colombian coffee plantation, offering the perfect opportunity to sample the local brews while learning about the drink’s origins and creation.


Owl with signature *TeaP*


Quote:“As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be?”
Cassandra Clare, City of Ashes reference: https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/coffee

Coffee plantations and farms are being encouraged to expand. The Colombian Government is pushing them to tourism. Colombians do not as a rule drink a lot of coffee so coffee shops are popping up in the country in different cities. They are introducing a mild coffee to the citizens. They government hopes to bring up a coffee culture in the country. They are training coffee tasters to help expand the nature of this coffee culture.

Growing and processing the coffee is a long process. Mules and donkeys are used on the farms and plantations because the terrain is so rough. The Aribica Beans are picked when they are fat and deep red in color. Then, the beans are processed in fermentation tubs which remove and outer shell. They are sun-dried, cleaned and roasted to get to the finished product.

Other types of produce are also grown on these plantations. Bananas, avocados, and cacao for chocolate can also be found as an exported product.

Personally, I was more enthused with the Hot Chocolate but, I know a lot of people like coffee and this tour was an exceptional tour to be on.

When we returned to the 4 seasons I took a shower, grabbed my carry on bag, and headed for the Bogota International Airport to catch a flight to Miami. I had a connecting flight to Cleveland where I met my ride home. I will miss South America it is a beautiful, friendly place.

Merit Badge in Blog Camping
[Click For More Info]

Thank you for joining us on an adventure in South America! *TulipV*







© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/919430-Coffee-Plantations-and-Home