*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/919451-WORDS--MUSIC--Harvey
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#919451 added August 31, 2017 at 11:38am
Restrictions: None
WORDS & MUSIC & Harvey
Blog City image small   WORDS & MUSIC
   


  Prompt: "I think I fell in love with words before I fell in love with music." Taylor Swift Write anything you want about this.

When I leaned to read, I read everything and was taken to the library every week to get more books. But at the same time I had piano lessons (for 7 years) and strugged through all the exercise books and worked on the mathematics of Bach and the heavy emotion of Beethoven. I had older cousins who played piano really well. I spent hours siting beside them as they did the pop music of the 1940's and 50's. I loved music and words, and always have, thanks to my mother's encouragement. My dad hated the eternal practicing. I learned to practice when he was not home.

Songs need words and there is an unlimited variety, but I do like to understand the words when they are sung. I'm also partial to the music having some sort of melody. There are singers and music that only produce noise.

_ _ _ __ _ _ __ _ _

Last week Tropical Storm Harvey went directly over the house where I am living in Belize with about five minutes of medium rain and a tiny burst of wind. Then it was gone off to the northwest across the Yucatan and into the Gulf of Mexico. Everyone said it was finished, dissolved.

The next thing we hear it is a gigantic hurricane becoming a Catagory-4 aimed at Texas. I don't think anyone was really prepared for the speed of that development. The damage there is beyond calculations.

My question, which probably will never have an answer is:
WHY would they establish a huge city on a flood plain a few feet above sea level? I've seen Amsterdam and Rotterdam. They adapted with massive protective walls and systems. I've seen Venice struggling with their city. In reality, Houston is no different, only I guess 'they' ignored the problem. The 'they' who made those decisions are long gone. It would take a lot of research to track that down. *Think*

If it was deliberate, look for who will benefit. They say that elements of the government do have some control over the weather. If they do, then other organizations can do the same for good or bad agendas.

Now the preppers are the smart ones. Learn from their example. In other words, you have to take care of yourself and your family.

I'd head for the hills! >>>iggy
*Boat*
banner with iguana
 

© Copyright 2017 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/919451-WORDS--MUSIC--Harvey