*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/919804-Sangreville----Chapter-13
Rated: 13+ · Book · Teen · #2133121
New Girl in "Vampire Town" High, tries to fit in with her living and undead classmates.
#919804 added September 4, 2017 at 9:20pm
Restrictions: None
Sangreville / Chapter 13
Chapter 13

Now I’m home. I’m back in my room.

So the Grown-Ups of Sangreville are going to be the ones who’ll choose the next Enforcer of the Truce? That doesn’t mean that the Truce Commission will challenge Roxanna’s claim to be the next Vampire Staker of Sangreville; especially when I’ve made it obvious that I don’t want the job.

Again I wonder how I will deal with Roxanna?

“Lord.” I pray again. “How do you want me to deal with Roxanna Morgan, and even more, how do I deal with Vampirania?”

"Resist the Devil and he will flee from you.”

“Could you please be specific?”

I remember the scripture: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head. Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. (Romans 12:17-21)"

“That’s sounds good,“ I tell him “but it’s also very scary.”

Look in your booklet, “Messages From God to You”.

I pick up the booklet of Biblical quotations without commentary, and am leafing through it. Now I’ve come to what I think is the right text. It’s the same passage that the Pastor read from the Bible on Sunday morning.

"Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

"Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel."


Then I say, “Lord. I pray also for me, Elaine Harris; that when I open my mouth, speaking to Roxanna and Vampirana, your words will be given to me, so that I will ‘fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel’.”

“Fearlessly”? I wonder. Me? “Fearlessly”?

“Lord.” I pray. “Me? Elaine Harris? Fearless?”

With God all things are possible.

“Is it possible for Roxanna to get burning coals dumped on her head, without me getting blamed?”

If she is hungry, all I should do is feed her?

If she’s thirsty, all I should do is give her something to drink? Then should I just sit back and see what happens?

Wait a minute. How am I gonna know if she’s hungry or thirsty?

When I see her at the Bouncing Casket, I should assume that’s why she’s there.

Right. But the time is now 4 AM. Every business in town, including that high school kids’ hangout is closed. In a few hours Roxanna’ll be getting up and going to attend daytime classes at Sangreville High, while I’ll be in bed, having a hopefully refreshing vampiric sleep. Tomorrow night she’ll be at the Casket; the one place I want to avoid most of all.

“Please Lord.” I ask, “Can you please give the job to somebody else?”

My cell phone rings. I click it on.

“Hi Elaine.”

“Good morning Diana. I’m getting ready for a good day’s sleep. How about you?”

“I’m still not used to being a vampire yet.”

“Me neither.”

“Listen Elaine. Nathan and I were talking. We’ve decided that since you don’t want the job of being the next Vampire Staker, then he and I’ll do what we can.”

Thank you Lord!

I ask, “You and Nathan?”

“That’s right. Roxanna told you that you would be the next Staker. That means that the girl hasn’t got the slightest idea of what she’s talking about.”

“Yeah. That thought has crossed my mind.”

“But I am the sister of the Vampire Staker. I know how to handle the job.”

“You do? Have you staked any vampires before?”

“Paula taught me how to defend myself, and there are a few stakes on the top shelf in her closet.”

“Then you’re the one who should be the Staker.”

“That’s right. Tomorrow night, before School starts, Nathan and I are gonna make sure that Roxanna will never have the job. Do you want to come along?”

© Copyright 2017 Yesmrbill (UN: yesmrbill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Yesmrbill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/919804-Sangreville----Chapter-13