*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920087-Countdown-to-Vacation
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#920087 added September 10, 2017 at 1:23pm
Restrictions: None
Countdown to Vacation
It's been almost two weeks since I wrote anything here, so a quick update on what's happening.

We are still doing double coverage on weekends, and they are still super busy. By Monday I'm feeling exhausted and ready for a couple of shorter shifts and then some time off on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Three days off, sounds great, right?

It is great, and Rhonda get's the same three days off with me. So, we should have lots of time to enjoy together, as well as to spend in places like here. But, after the long hours this summer, it's also time to get caught up on things around the house. Also, I had to give the Jimmy a tune-up, replace the front brakes, and change the oil and oil filter. I should add, there is very little room and even the simplest job on that thing is difficult and time consuming.

Then, the grass needed to be cut, and even working together, it's about four hours of work. We also trimmed up a few trees, cut a few down, and burnt a bunch of dead-wood piled on a huge willow stump. We got it all done, but now it's back to work and yesterday was another typical Saturday; busy and crazy. On top of the normal busy and crazy, there seemed to be an additional amount of nuts, cooks, and confused people coming through. In short, it was a very trying, very tiring, and very long day.

Today has been a bit better, so I haven't had to go in to work quite yet. As soon as I finish this entry, I will. Rhonda is keeping me posted on how busy it is there. Even though it's a little slower so far, she has informed me it's still super crazy and to expect just about anything.

This week we both have to work an extra day, but then we have our week long camping vacation and our first weekend off since last winter. We will be going to a state campground with some friends from Minnesota. We leave Thursday afternoon and won't return until Monday evening. Since there isn't any WiFi, I wanted to write in here now, just in case I don't get another chance until we return.

I would also like to add, Happy Birthday, WdC!

© Copyright 2017 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920087-Countdown-to-Vacation