*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920156-Day-Two-Im-on-a-Streak
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#920156 added September 12, 2017 at 3:38pm
Restrictions: None
Day Two... I'm on a Streak!
Entries here two days in a row... Wow! It may not be much more than some meandering ruminations, but it feels good to write something. It also feels good to have made it in to WdC twice already this week.

Three more days of work this week and then a five day vacation. In fact, three fairly short days, then pack up and head out to the campground for five days of relaxing and having fun. I'm really looking forward to getting away from everything for a while. And, next week also is the end of our double coverage and shorter work days for both Rhonda and I. Next week is supposed to be the end of the so-called sale they have been running for the last six weeks, which should make the weekends a little less hectic.

Speaking of this big sale they run at least once a month, how can people be so gullible to think they are actually saving money? I know, many times a person can get a great deal with sales promotions, but the sale we have is nothing about customers saving money, it's all about the store making more money.

Because we don't have much money, we watch prices closely and do our best to get the best deals we can. Knowing this big sale was coming up, we put off making a big purchase thinking it would be cheaper during the sale. But, instead of being marked down, the price had been increased enough that it was still more expensive during the sale than it was before!

After noticing this, we began to watch prices before and during this big sale event, and just about everything is marked up enough that the sale price is actually higher than if the item was purchased before or after the sale. In fact, some items don't even go back down after the sale, but are marked up even higher when the next big sale hits. Yes, you get a nice big rebate back, but even with this rebate, your paying more during the sales.

Even so, people drive crazy distances to shop during these bit sales, and they buy a lot of merchandise, thinking they are saving money. One would think, after a time, customers would begin to figure this out. Yet each time one of these sales is on, people swarm the store to take advantage of being taken advantage of. The old saying, "A fool and his money are soon parted" holds true...

© Copyright 2017 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920156-Day-Two-Im-on-a-Streak