*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920404
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#920404 added September 15, 2017 at 1:47pm
Restrictions: None
You Meet Your Blog
Prompt: You talk to a stranger at a grocery store and you realize you just met your Blog! What happens next?

I was WalMart shopping and a stranger was in the book section. I reached for Danielle Steel's newest book and a red headed woman wearing a purple headband and lavender outfit reached for the same book. We smiled at each other.

"You are a Danielle Steel Fan, too?" she smiled.

"I am. Between her and Jane Austen, they are my favorites."

"I consider myself a Jane Austen Historian and I am retired now looking for a library job. The mental health facility I worked at closed down."

"My job, too." I looked at her puzzled.

"I know. I know you miss your job. You go to Bible Study, started watching "Heartland" and you feel you lost 31 years of your life with your job closing. You want to write a new novel since you have time, get published again and are making plans to go to Michigan next month. You have felt so sad since Glen Campbell died and you helped your Dad get through his heart surgery and don't see your friends like you used to. You were relieved that your family in Florida got through the hurricane. You tell me everything."

"You are my Blog!" I cry and we hug.

"Things will get better for you. Once you start getting your Social Security checks in December, you will be glad you don't have to worry about driving in the snow, staying over and losing sleep from working midnights. As for your future, you write in me everyday. You tell me what is going on and I will support you."

"Thank you. I will let you know how my life goes. I love writing in you everyday."

"My Blog" leaves and hands me Danielle Steel's newest book before she leaves. I feel better about things. Life will get better.

Glen Campbell Picture. He was a favorite with me.

© Copyright 2017 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920404