*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921029
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #2127684
a collection of stories about The Hangmans daughter
#921029 added November 15, 2017 at 2:59pm
Restrictions: None
the Broken Bus
The Hangman's Daughter brushed a lock of curly red hair out of her slate gray eyes. The dwarf's taciturn manner was beginning to get on her nerves a bit. He was always quick to point out the flaw in any plan but had yet to offer a plan of his own. They were holed up in a warehouse on Dock Street. At first, the patrols had been light, but now they had a sketch of the dwarf. The Hangman's Daughter considered her options. The Hangman's Daughter judged she only had enough reserves left for one portal that would transport her, and only her, an unknown distance in a random direction. Finally, after what seemed like an interminable wait the dwarf came up the ladder "They are gone." he said gruffly before heading back down. That irked her no end. "screw it." she muttered as placed her finger tips together then drew them apart slowly as if fighting a force that wanted the hole to remain closed. When her hands were shoulder width apart there floated a knot of nothingness that pulsed rhythmically as if it was the heart of some slumbering giant. it flared wide then she was gone leaving a single strand of hair that quickly turned to dust.
© Copyright 2017 R.E. Pete (UN: glarg1675 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
R.E. Pete has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921029