*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921411-Fantasy-Newsletter-for-November-deadline-103017
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#921411 added November 2, 2017 at 12:16pm
Restrictions: None
Fantasy Newsletter for November (deadline 10/30/17)
1. (working title) Klingon Volleyball
2. A Random Act of Kindness
3. Halloween Horror Tale
4. Dragon's Vegance
5. Red's War
6. Era of Invasion
7. Weird Science (the Start)
8.
9.

Heading

It's That Time of Year

Heading #2

Time to Write 50,000 word in 30 days.

Hook

Are you NaNoWriMoing this year?

About this Newsletter

It's that time of year again,
The scariest month of the year,
Has just came to an end,
And National Novel Writing Month
Has just begun.

Put your leftover Halloween treats,
In a bowl beside your computer,
You will need quick energy from the sweets,
When you find your self falling asleep
On you keyboard.

Letter from the Editor

National Novel Writing Month is here. There is nothing to fear, except fear itself; or your inner critic saying "You can't write 50,000 words in 30 days." Ignore your inner critic, even if you have not answered the who, what, when, where, why, and how of the novel. I know, from experience, that you can write a 50,000 word fantasy or science fiction novel in 30 days.

Are you going to write a 50,000 word novel? Are you going to write a group of short stories totaling 50,000 words? You, the author, have the option to decide which of those you are writing. Did you participate in the October NaNo Prep Challenge? If you did, you already know a great deal about your novel. If you did not participate in the prep challenge, you can still participate in NaNoWriMo.

I am a "seat of the pants" writer, that is, I prefer to sit down at the computer and start writing. I usually have a character or setting in mind. However, I seldom have much else. This may be why many of my male protagonist end up with the name Calvin. I tend to name my male antagonist George or Marshall. I usually have woman characters in mind when I start a novel without a plan. I think that is because it is easier for me to write from a woman's point of view.

I encourage you to attempt NaNoWriMo because it will stretch your talent. It will, also, get you out of any rut you find yourself in. DO NO WORRY writing 50,000 words. Set a daily word count goal of either 1,666 or 1,667 words. Then establish a specific amount of time to write each day. If you decide to write one hour each day, then break that up into 15 minute intervals. This way you can handle interruptions, such as food breaks, better. If you plan to order pizza delivered every day of NaNoWriMo, you have to get up and answer the door because the pizza delivery person will deliver to your computer unless you are in an commercial office setting.

Editor's Picks

 (working title) Klingon Volleyball  (E)
Story is the result of a half remembered dream.
#1780964 by Hatfield of AotC

Excerpt: Stardate: 8326.9
For the first time in Starfleet Academy history, a team of Klingons will be participating in the Academy's invitational volleyball tournament.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2136600 by Not Available.

Excerpt: Joe had been waiting in the appropriately named Waiting Room for more than two hours before his name was called, and he groaned when the orderly told him the doctor would be on the eighth floor. Groaned, because not twenty minutes earlier, a sign had been placed across the elevators to say they were out of order.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2138230 by Not Available.

Excerpt: “You’ll never believe what happened next,” the hideous witch said as she paused in her storytelling.

 Dragon's Vengeance  (ASR)
Rhyming poem about a dragon hunting the man that killed her mate.
#2138851 by Dragon Rheyne

Excerpt: Dragon stepping softly through the wood,
         Always vigilant as be she should,
         Through the mist naught she spies,
         With her brilliant diamond eyes,
         Though the quarry from her did flee,
         Never shall this Knight be free,

 Red's War  (18+)
Jackie Red hunts the deadliest game in the French highlands.
#2138942 by R. H. Kahil

Excerpt: On day sixty-seven since the arrival of the Beast of Lozére, Jackie “The Huntsman” Red took a short break from hunting. He was discouraged by how the day was going. He had only seen two wolves drinking at Lac de Villefort- he had been watching them through his rifle scope from fifty meters away, lying across an outcropping of boulders on the hill. They were both grey with a black streak running across their backs. Rare twins, probably. Blood crusted their jowls but it was from a rabbit the larger one had killed. The carcass was mostly just a spinal column, half buried under the roots of a tree on the shore.

 Era of Invasion (0)  (13+)
The prologue to the Era of Invasion story. Each mini-chapter will be made seperately
#2112743 by Tickler Rhyme

Excerpt: Centuries of war and famine will cause even the most noble of leaders to turn to sickening barbaric actions; using the ideas of prosperity and peace to justify themselves. There is no greater example than King Armend of the Galderin Kingdom. Armend was an imposing figure built like a true warrior, despite his early hopes of a diplomatic peace....

 Weird Science (The Start)  (18+)
A midnight inspiration of a mad scientist, surely with more to come.
#2139038 by Spiral

Excerpt: Flicking the switch to the current of the lab never felt so exciting, hearing the crackle of electricity spark through the air. I put on a grin, and Macy put on a worried frown. Bits and pieces, glass and fluids, and my creation was finally here. I was done with following the rules, and it was time to do true science.


willwilcox writes: I got a moon for you *Laugh*
Great Newsletter!

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921411-Fantasy-Newsletter-for-November-deadline-103017