*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921431-Terrible-Tuesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#921431 added October 3, 2017 at 9:38pm
Restrictions: None
Terrible Tuesday
Well then, there it is.... All I can say is what a day! Things started out normal enough, was awake and up early enough to enjoy coffee with my love. Then she had to get ready to go to work from eleven until five. I was scheduled to work from five to closing, but had taken the day off to get everything packed up for our camping trip.

She was going to haul the garbage out on her way to work, but things started to go amuck. Somehow, time got away from us, so Rhonda didn't have time to take the trash with her before work. No problem, I could haul it to the landfill, then return home, pack things up, take care of a few items left on our to-do list, and load the Jimmy for an early start tomorrow.

But, by the time I got to the landfill, Rhonda had sent a text telling me to come in to the work site, new things had come to light. I knew we were being audited by the store's security team from their corporate headquarters, so I didn't hesitate, I drove to work to find out what was going on. Turns out, the stores corporate headquarters wants us to control yard access in accordance with their policy, despite the store manager wanting us to follow his policy.

Okay, I'm just a site supervisor and it's not in my pay-grade to get in a tug-o-war between corporate policy and store policy. It's a lose-lose situation, to say the least. Of course, the general manager is not in at this time, so I have to discuss this with an assistant manager. All went well, but now it's a matter of waiting to see if the general manager is going to follow policy or insist we do things his way. I'll find out when I get back from camping on Saturday.

Then, a couple hours later, I'm heading back home to try and pick up where I left off. Of course, there is no making up for lost time, so now I'm finally done packing, finishing up, and loading the vehicle. It's eight-thirty and I'm tired and out of time, but everything is ready to go in the morning, I managed to get in here and write in my blog while holding up dinner a bit.

Enjoy the rest of the week, I know I am. I was already looking forward to our camping trip, short as it is, but after today, I'm even more eager to go get lost in the woods away from everything.

© Copyright 2017 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921431-Terrible-Tuesday