*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922224-Guard-Your-Heart-October-16
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2095740
My daily devotional insights... and reflections.
#922224 added October 16, 2017 at 11:46am
Restrictions: None
Guard Your Heart, October 16
Beware of what you allow to enter your eye gates, ear gates, mind gate and spirit. Let me be honest:

I watched a program yesterday called Mindhunters on and sponsored by Netflix. Afterward, I was plagued by evil dreams, visions and spiritual wickedness while I slept.

Within this program, there were open, adulterous sex scenes, along with other offensive scenes, which I fast-forwarded through/overlooked and then continued watching the rest of the program. The theme of Mindhunters is FBI Agents delving into the minds of serial killers and perpetrators of other bizarre killings, set in the '60s, and based on the institution of criminal profiling. Intriguing to anyone interested in mysteries.

But when a program openly shows sexual scenes and aberrant behavior, let it be a warning to us to turn off the show, exit the theater. If we are not serving God, we are serving the enemy----there is no middle ground. Therefore, the enemy is using film actors, actresses, film producers and directors to perpetrate his evil into the minds of an unaware and spiritually-asleep populace including Christians.

If the enemy cannot get us through direct attack, he will use any and every other means available. Scripture warns us over and over again to guard our hearts; resist the devil and he will flee. But all too often, we do not put up much resistance, thereby opening doors to the enemy.

I wonder if I weren't actively fasting and praying regularly, what would have happened in this instance. Thankfully, God jolted me awake.

Thank you, Lord, for getting my attention as I consider relinquishing my Netflix subscription completely to protect myself from further attacks.

When a program intrigues us, we are more likely to by-pass warnings when they do appear.

© Copyright 2017 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922224-Guard-Your-Heart-October-16