*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922261
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Mystery · #2134234
Scooby Doo meets the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew minus Scooby Doo. It's a ghost mystery.
#922261 added October 16, 2017 at 10:11pm
Restrictions: None
October 16th, 2017 - Research or World Building
Oct. 16: - Freestyle Brainstorm, Research or World Building ▼

(1) Spend at least fifteen minutes clarifying things.
(2) Update your characters and definitions lists as needed.

Research: For reality-based fiction, research aspects of your novel that will lend credibility to your writing.

World Building: For fantasy, science fiction, or other speculative fiction, develop the history, geology, ecology, and/or maps for your world.


Research: For reality-based fiction, research aspects of your novel that will lend credibility to your writing.

With a novel like this one, you usually don’t have to do a lot of research. After all, this is a Fiction story. If it was about a known person, town, Ruler, etc. then you would have to do some research. Maybe even a lot of research because of the Accuracy Factor. But with Fiction you don’t. At least usually you don’t. This novel is different.

If you have read my Short Story, “A Ghost With a Heart,” then you know what I am talking about. In that story, I wrote about Carl Everett. One of the founders of Middletown, KS. I wrote about why Carl and the others founded it, the problems they had, and how he really died. All of which will come out in this novel too. In order to write that story, and this novel, I did have to do some research about some things that happened a hundred years ago so that I could be accurate with that story, and my novel.


© Copyright 2017 PureSciFiPlus (UN: purescifi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFiPlus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922261