*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922318-Sayings-of-Sri-Ramakrishna
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#922318 added October 18, 2017 at 12:50am
Restrictions: None
Sayings of Sri Ramakrishna
1. At the Doors of Large Granaries are Placed Traps Containing Fried Rice (Moori) to Catch Mice. The Mice, Attracted by the Flavour of the Fried Rice, Forget the More Solid Pleasures of Tasting the Rice Inside the Granary, and Fall into the Trap. They are Caught therein and Killed.
Just So is the Case With the Soul. It Stands on the Threshold of Divine Bliss, Which is like Millions of the Highest Worldly Pleasures Solidified into One; But instead of Striving for that Bliss, it Allows itself to be Enticed by the Petty Pleasures of the World and Falls into the Trap of Maya, the Great illusion, and Dies Therein.

2.The Theosophists Say that There are 'Mahatmas'. They also Say that There are Different Planes and Spheres like Astral Plane, Devayanic Plane, Solar Sphere, Lunar Sphere etc., and that Man's Subtle Body Can go to All these Places. They Say Many Other Such Things. Sir, What is Your Opinion on Theosophy?
Sri RamKrishna: Bhakti alone is Supreme―Bhakti or Devotion to God. Do They Care for Bhakti? If They Do, That is Well. It is Well if They have God-Realization for Their Aim and Goal. But Remember, to be Engrossed in Such Trivial Things as Solar Sphere, Lunar Sphere, Astral Sphere etc., is not Genuine Search After God. One has to do Sadhanas (Spiritual Practices) in order to Get Devotion to His Lotus Feet; One has to Weep for Him With the Intense Longing of the Heart.
The Mind Should be Gathered up From the Different Objects and Concentrated Exclusively on Him. He is not in the Vedas or Vedanta or in Any Scripture. Nothing Will be Achieved Unless One's Heart Yearns for Him. One has to Pray to Him With Intense Devotion, and Practice Sadhanas. God Cannot be Realized So Easily. Sadhanas are Necessary.
3. Will all Men See God? No Man Will have to Fast for the Whole Day; Some Get their Food at 9 a.m., Some at Noon, Others at, 2 p.m., and Others Again in the Evening or at Sunset. Similarly, at One Time or Another, 'In this Very Life or After Many More Lives, All Will, and Must, See God.
4. Little Children Play with Dolls in the Outer Room Just as They Like, Without Any Care or Fear or Restraint; But As Soon As their Mother Comes in, They Throw Aside their Dolls and Run to her Crying, "Mamma, Mamma". You too, -O Man! Are Now Playing in this Material World, Infatuated (Affect With Extreme Folly) With the Dolls of Wealth, Honor, Fame etc., and Do not Feel Any Fear or Anxiety. If, However, You Once See Your Divine Mother, You Will not Afterwards Find Pleasure in All These. Throwing them All Aside, You will Run to Her.
5. There are Pearls in the Deep Sea, but You Must Hazard All Perils to Get Them. If you Fail to Get at Them by a Single Dive, Do not Conclude that the Sea is Without Them. Dive Again and Again, And You are Sure to be Rewarded in the End.
So Also in the Quest for the Lord, if Your First Attempt to See Him Proves Fruitless, Do not Lose heart. Persevere in the Attempt, and You are Sure to Realize Him At last.
6. Meditate Upon the Knowledge and the Bliss of the Eternal, and You Will have the Bliss. The Bliss is indeed Eternal, Only it is Covered and Obscured by Ignorance. The Less Your Attachment to the Sense-Objects, the More Will be Your Love for God.
7. Mere Possession of Wealth Does not Make a Man Rich. The Sign of a Rich Man's House is that a Light Burns in Each Room. This Temple of the Body Should not be Kept in Darkness; the Lamp of Knowledge Must be Lighted in it. "Light the Lamp of Knowledge in Your Room, and Look at the Face of the Mother Divine."
Everyone Can Attain Knowledge. There is the Individualized Self and There is the Higher Self. Every Individual is Connected With the Higher Self. There is a Gas Connection in Every House, and Gas Can be had from the Gas Company. Only Apply to the Proper Authorities and the Supply will be Arranged. Then You Will Have Gas Light in Your Room.

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922318-Sayings-of-Sri-Ramakrishna