*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922629-Rocking-and-Rolling-with-the-Waves
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#922629 added October 23, 2017 at 4:10pm
Restrictions: None
Rocking and Rolling with the Waves
Fishing was a bust yesterday, I didn't get anything except for one fish teasing for a bit. The bite was there, but it just wouldn't take the bait. It followed for a while, nibbling and teasing, then just swam off to pursue other activities. My brother did get one nice sized small-mouth bass after we moved to another location, but that was it for the day. Even so, it was a fun day on the lake.

It was a bit cool out on the lake, but we had dressed warm and the sunshine was warm between the blasts of wind. That was a big factor in the fishing not being very good, it was terrible windy out there and we had a lot of difficulty trying to stay sheltered. With white caps on the water, I'm sure it had the bottom stirred up and the fish seeking shelter from the currents as we rocked and rolled above them.

It also made it difficult to troll, and my brother doesn't like still fishing much; not that we could have anchored the boat in the strong winds without drifting anyway. Also, we didn't hit our regular spot, the wind was causing too much drifting and we were having a difficult time fighting the waves with the trolling motor. Our speed was also affected, sometimes going over the area too fast with the wind pushing us, other times trolling too slow because the wind was driving against us.

In spite of the fish of the fish not biting, the white caps rocking and rolling us, and the cold bite of the wind, it was a beautiful day on the lake. The leaves fall colors provided a splendid backdrop to the shoreline and there wasn't anyone else out on the lake. Peaceful and relaxing, swaying to the rhythm of the waves, and enjoying some time together made it a great day. We stayed out past six in the evening even though we weren't catching anything.

© Copyright 2017 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922629-Rocking-and-Rolling-with-the-Waves