*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922975-October-Poems
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#922975 added October 31, 2017 at 5:54pm
Restrictions: None
October Poems
Happy October


Happy October
Pumpkin spice coffee ice cream
Or pumpkin spice coffee cake

Happy October
Candy corn with black coffee
Halloween coming

Happy October
Memories of my lost childhood
Return make me smile

Bedtime Prayer


Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
If I should die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.

There are two or three different versions of this prayer. The one in this entry is the one I learn when I was a child. I don't know precisely how this version of the prayer affected me. When I say the prayer with my Mother or Grandmother, I never thought much about the meaning of the prayer. The only thing I thought about was the protection it gave me, and the spiritual feeling I had after saying it.

This was the first prayer I memorized. Mom and Grandma saying it with me helped me memorize it. I don't say this prayer anymore. I say a prayer revealed by Baha'u'llah. It isn't anything like this prayer, but it does giving me spiritual feeling when I say or read it. Sometime I just say one prayer, and other times I read more than one. Most of the time I say or read about three prayers before going to sleep. When I read three prayers, I usually pick a prayer by Baha'u'llah, the Bab, and 'Abdu'l-Baha.

Answering a What Question
What can you find at home that you can find nowhere else?

Neighbors who wake me up at 1:00 AM pounding on the wall. The question arises, why are they pounding on the wall with a hammer at 1:00 in the morning. The answer is (probably) driving nails to hang a picture.

The second question is, why do they have to hang picture at 1:00 on a Friday morning. Most people in this complex work five, six, or seven days a week from morning until evening. This means that the want to sleep from about 10:00 PM until approximately 7:00 AM. Waking up at 1:00 AM, breaks up their sleep.

It's hard sometimes for me to get to sleep. Once I fall asleep, I like to sleep through the night. Waking up at 1:00 in the morning disrupts my sleep cycle and causes me to curse. I don't like to curse, especially when I can't yell over the pounding to make the person using the hammer, hear me. I'm not going to know on the door of anyone who has a hammer or any other type of weapon in their hand, just to curse them out. At least not unless there's a police officer standing beside or behind me.







© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922975-October-Poems