*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/924459-Dancing-with-the-Stars
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#924459 added November 27, 2017 at 10:01am
Restrictions: None
Dancing with the Stars
One of the MUFON presenters I listened to the other night was a Concept Artist for the various aerospace industries, like Boeing, Northrup and McDonald Douglas, who related a lot of second hand information that resonated as true.

One of the stories he told, obtained by a friend in local law enforcement, was that when one of the companies rolled out a particularly sensitive and highly classified platform they would shroud it with canvas held by these hydraulic lift devices on wheels such as are often seen at construction sites. Around a dozen of these would emerge from the hanger draping the craft in a practiced choreography as it was brought outside.

Prior to the debute, the local sheriff and his deputies would be summoned to seal off roads surrounding the facility that might provide a particularly good vantage point for curiosity seekers. At the appointed hour, the huge doors would open and these twelve mobile hydraulic arms with operators holding lanyards attached to the canvas, would proceed outside in a coordinated movement that must have taken weeks to perfect.

Once in position on the takeoff/landing grid the drape would be whisked away and a signal given that it was safe to launch. In the presentation he described a light signal that flashed three times from the ground and was answered by three from the saucer. I can imagine the whole bizarre event taking place and find it amusing in a non-humerous sort of way.

Imagine if you will, the operators of this "Curtain of Concealment" being highly paid scientists and aircraft developers performing an additional duty, driving construction gurneys in a strangely orchestrated Security Dance. I wonder how that would read in their job description...To heck with what was underneath the canvas, I want to see the performance.

© Copyright 2017 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/924459-Dancing-with-the-Stars