*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/924830-Pumpkin-Soup-for-One
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#924830 added December 2, 2017 at 7:20pm
Restrictions: None
Pumpkin Soup for One
Today I made pumpkin soup for one since I am the only one here. Not counting Mopsy, that is. It was about the easiest soup I've ever made. I wasn't sure I would like it because I'm not crazy about pumpkin and I made it for one because I only had enough pumpkin puree for one. The pumpkin puree was actually Gerber baby food. When Mopsy was sick and wouldn't eat, I phoned the vet and was told to try several things, one being pumpkin puree, but Mopsy is not a pumpkin puree kind of kitty...she said. So out of a 2-pack, I had one left (turns out) for pumpkin soup.

You can count the ingredients on your left hand, or right, depending. For soup for one, I sauteed 1/4 diced onion in 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil (right in the saucepan in which I'm making the soup), then I added the 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, 1/4 teaspoon cumin, and 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth and let simmer for 10 minutes. Oops, you may need that other hand. Remove from heat and grate in @1/4 cup parmesan cheese (you can guess at this, whatever you like) and stir until it melts throughout the soup. You can garnish with sour cream or candied walnuts and a sprig of thyme, but since I had none of these, I just ate it. Yum.

So, if the vet ever advises you to buy pumpkin puree baby food for a cat who won't eat, make pumpkin soup for one and enjoy.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2017 Happy 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/924830-Pumpkin-Soup-for-One