*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925004-Midweek-Refections-on-the-First-Wednesday-in-December-2017
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#925004 added December 6, 2017 at 10:25pm
Restrictions: None
Midweek Refections on the First Wednesday in December 2017
‘Idál (Justice), 14 Qawl (Speech) 147 B.E. - Wednesday, December 6, 2017

It is the first Wednesday in December 2017, there are three more Wednesdays and three more weeks in the Gregorian year. This was an exciting year because, in August, we (the Baha'is across the world) celebrated the 200th Anniversary of Baha'u'llah. I wrote 200 poems dedicated to the Blessed Beauty, and posted them in "Bicentenary Poems and Prose. In addition, in November I wrote a NaNo item called The World According to Snow covering spiritual subjects, with articles about aspects of the Baha'i Faith. I intend to change the name of the book sometime between January 1, 2018 and March 21, 2018, but right now I cannot think of an appropriate name for the book.


"O Son of Man! The temple of being is My throne; cleanse it of all things, that there I may be established and there I may abide."
Baha’u’llah, The Hidden Words of Baha’u’llah1

In this quote, I think (at least at this time) that the "temple of being" refers to the human mind, which, I believe, is the connection between the body and the soul. The soul is eternal, but the body is ephemeral. The quote could, also, refer to the human body because it houses the brain, the mind, and the soul. I have to meditate on this quote some more.

Comment submitted to "Spiritual Newsletter (December 6, 2017): "I have written poems about the faith based holidays I celebrate today or have celebrated in the past. I have included faith based holidays in some of my short stories or flash fiction. I think I need to increase my use of the holidays I celebrate today rather then those I celebrated in the past."

Footnotes
1  Quoted on "Memorizing & Reflecting on Baha'i Writings" for the week of November 27, 2017 http://memorizingbahaiwritings.blogspot.com/


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925004-Midweek-Refections-on-the-First-Wednesday-in-December-2017