*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925088-My-Top-Five-Favourite-Robert-Munsch-Books
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2091338
A blog for all things personal, informational, educational, and fun.
#925088 added December 8, 2017 at 11:19pm
Restrictions: None
My Top Five Favourite Robert Munsch Books
Where I come from, the children's author Robert Munsch is considered to be quite the big deal. I have been reading his books for as long as I have known how to read (and I can't recall a time before learning to read), and definitely still have quite a love for some of his books. I thought I would share a select few of them, in no particular order.

The Paper Bag Princess
I've always loved stories where princesses are the tough saviours, and this one is no exception. After being attacked, the princess goes in to save the day, uses her brains to outsmart the dragon, and then ditches the prince when she realises he's not a good dude. To top it off, we both share the first name Elizabeth.

Purple, Green and Yellow
This hilarious little story always had my sides aching as a child. I loved watching as a little girl grew more and more adventurous with her colouring until she became a bit too adventurous. This became even funnier to me when I got a little brother who quite enjoyed colouring on himself.

Stephanie's Ponytail
Stephanie's Ponytail always appealed to the nonconformist in me as a kid, and I still find it hilarious as an adult. The mayhem that ensues over the rights to a particular hairstyle just tickle me in all the right places. The ending brought me so much joy as a child.

Thomas' Snowsuit
As a Canadian, there is something about snowsuits that I find especially annoying. Now and as a child. Reading about a kid who never wanted to put his on was relatable. Watching his teacher and principal try to force him into with comedic results has always gotten me giggling.

Love You Forever
This one is perhaps one of the most obvious ones to include on such a list. Honestly, it seems to resonate with more of the adults I have known than with the children I have known. It's an incredibly touching story about the love between parent and child, and one that has grown on me with each reading.

© Copyright 2017 Lady Elizabeth Mormont (UN: elizabethlk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lady Elizabeth Mormont has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925088-My-Top-Five-Favourite-Robert-Munsch-Books