*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925181-Phase-one-of-the-Programming-Process
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#925181 added December 16, 2017 at 9:05am
Restrictions: None
Phase one of the Programming Process
As I noted yesterday there are sixteen U-tube videos produced by Horizon Hobby that show how to program their AR 636 AS3X 2.4 GHz DSMX Receiver. You can find the site by searching AS3X Spectrum Receiver Programming u-tube videos.

I decided to program my unprogrammed receiver following the guidelines in the Videos. The first problem I encountered was that the adapter I bought at Wall Mart for the video cable did not work with my Smart Phone. It did however work with my wife's which had an internal jack allowing the cable to be plugged directly into it. This was the first of what I expect to be many frustrations with the programming process.

Video #1: This video explains what Transmitters are compatible with the AR 636 AS3X receiver. Most but not all Spectrum transmitters are. I will be using the DX9 which is the one they use in the videos. The main point of the video is that the settings for the control surfaces must remain in the default setting in the transmitter. They recommend going to a new model (acro). If you use a slot that was used in the past you need to clear it before proceeding.

Video #2: This video explains...

1. Wether or not to use a supplemental antenna plugged into the AR 636. My receiver did not come with one but I intend to install one even if it isn't really necessary. If the aircraft is a gasser or is made of carbon fiber, you need an auxiliary antenna.

2. The importance of insuring that the orientation of the receiver inside the model airplane is level and parallel to the axis of the fuselage was stressed. It must be faced forwards or backwards along the axis and placed up, down, left or right. There are eight possibilities. It can not be faced perpendicular. It must be level and installed securely.

Video #3: This Video explains how to "Bind" the receiver to the transmitter. This was pretty straight forward and easily accomplished as follows.

1. Place the bind plug into the programming port of the receiver.

2. Place a battery into any of the other empty ports.

3. When the light begins to flash, make sure the throttle is in lowest position, hold down the bind button on the receiver and turn it on. Hold until the voice announces that "Binding is Complete."

Video #4: This video tells how to install the Installation Application (APP)

1. Read the Quick Start sheet that came with the AR636.

2. Take your IOS device (Smart Phone/Computer) and scan the "Square." This talks you through downloading the App.

Video #5: Connecting to the APP menu.

1. Connect the cable to the ASX3 as shown next.

2. The servo connector end goes in the Bind/PRG slot on the receiver.

3. Power up by plugging in a battery.

4. Open the APP. by plugging the jack on the cable into the audio port of the IOS device

5. Turn the volume to full.

6. Synch

By following these steps I was able to get the programming APP up and running. I considered this Phase 1 of the process and the one that had me the most worried about accomplishing. The Application is quite well done and everything seems to be working. Stay tuned as I wade through the programming process.


© Copyright 2017 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925181-Phase-one-of-the-Programming-Process