*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925556-Ostercized
Rated: E · Book · Technology · #1973676
Thoughts from time to time.
#925556 added December 27, 2018 at 2:19pm
Restrictions: None
Ostercized
    When I was going to a country school in the early '60s' I became a problem that made me socially unacceptable!





    We had two outhouses for our eight grades, thirteen students and one teacher. One outhouse was on one side of the school, while the other was on the other side of the school. Anyway it was recess and I grabbed an orange from my lunch pail and headed out to the boys outhouse! (What do you expect from a ten year old boy? He was multi-tasking! Pealing and eating an orange while heading for the outhouse.)(After all, you only had fifteen minutes to play in!) At the door of the outhouse all that was left of the orange was the peal. (Except for what was stuffed in the mouth!)Entering the outhouse I threw the peal down the hole and reached for my jean zipper. Something moved in the corner, so I looked over and froze! In the corner was a skunk turning around.And then it got vary stinky as I was grabbing for the door!





    I walked into the school like I always did.(Like I owned it)And my teacher chased me out and sent me home! (Home was a mile and a half away on the road)When I got home my mother chased me out of the entryway! (Mom!)I had to take all my clothes off on the outdoor porch!(This was in March and there was still snow on the ground!)Then Mom let me into the porch and into our steel tub with lye soap and tomato juice!(Mom never wasted food, but tomato juice was supposed to cut the smell.)I was put into clean clothes, dinner, and back to school where I found my desk in the far corner. On a positive note, my ostracism wore off!       





   

© Copyright 2018 charlie55 (UN: charlie55 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
charlie55 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925556-Ostercized