*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925988-Almost-At-An-End
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#925988 added December 31, 2017 at 3:16pm
Restrictions: None
Almost At An End
         Oh my, oh my. Can it be that another year has flown by? The last three months have been a blur, but they say that's a sign of old age. Time is relative. The longer you've been watching time go by, the faster it seems to go. My grandmother never had that experience. The days always seemed long to her. It was hours or days since she last saw someone. Then you'd listen to her talk and realize she'd had half a dozen visitors that day. Come to think of it, she never complained of anyone staying too long. I don't have that experience . . . yet.

         So I've been toying with resolutions, which I usually try to avoid. But I know I want some changes. I've been thinking about them for some time. The ones that cost money will stay on hold. However, I got an ad in the mail today. The good gym has just opened a new branch 24/7 near my subdivision. I know I need to get some direction from a trainer, and they do have a trial period. Maybe, I could try two months, and I could see if it's worth the ongoing monthly fee, or whether I've learned enough to do it on my own. I know I need to up my game without straining a muscle or having a stroke trying. Inside out of the rain and snow would be nice, too. I'm thinking. . . .

         So, I guess I'll make a list of things and see how they look. I might end up throwing it away. I'm going to concentrate on daily behavior and not results. Like forget "lose ten pounds". Instead, exercise 10 minutes more every day, and no eating in front of the TV or computer video. Go to bed 15 minutes earlier, that kind of thing. Write for X number of minutes a day, or read a certain amount of time. I can always adjust my list, if I keep it, and decide some things were too easy or too hard. Maybe I need to set aside certain days, like every Thursday is research day. Or pay bills on Friday. That might keep me organized and help me meet my weekly goals.

         Resolutions will be broken, no matter what the intention. But we can get back on track or throw them out. But throwing them out should be intentional, and not just forgetfulness. I'm going to dabble with them.

© Copyright 2017 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925988-Almost-At-An-End