*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926519-Fairy-Stories-and-Other-Ideas
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#926519 added January 6, 2018 at 6:04pm
Restrictions: None
'Fairy Stories and Other Ideas
Creation Saturday! Good news! Your blog is being turned into a novel! But the publisher chose this as the cover picture, and it's in your promotional contract so you can't pick another:
1/6/18 30DBC Prompt.


Your job today is defending this decision by giving your potential readers the story behind it.


WOW! *Lightning2* Where was my mind if I even signed this contract? On the other hand maybe it isn't such a bad idea! People may read the novel just to find out about the picture? No. that's bad thinking too. OK let's get serious.

Fairies In The Garden


Once upon a time there was a fairy whose wings were turning grayer with every passing year. She, Talleternal, was her name, went around fairy land garden getting the opinions of all the other fairies about why this was happening. The younger fairies just shook their heads and shrugged their shoulders.

So, she started visiting the older fairies. Well, some of the older fairies were really, really, old. Life 150 and even 250 years old. None of them had any problem with their wings. And, besides that they never even heard of a fairies wings turning gray as they aged.

Talleternal sat down in the middle of the garden on a squashy patch of thick green grassy carpet. She spread her legs out across the grass and rested her chin in one hand with her elbow on a green rock. Then, she closed her eyes and twiddled her fairy wand around in the air while she contemplated her situation. Suddenly she felt a twitch in her feet. When she opened her eyes her feet appeared to be only bones.

Talleternal leaped to her feet. She zapped her feet with her wand hoping to restore her feet to normal. The shock of power to her feet only seemed to extend the bony frame work up her legs. '

She ran to the pond in the middle of the garden which had healing waters. At the pond she climbed on a large rock and looked down at her image in the pond.

"Shriek, what has happened to my body?" As she stared at her image she dropped her head into her hands and let the tears flow.

"Talleternal is that you?" Meara approached the rock and starred up at where Talleternal stood?

"I will get some help. Stay right where you are. Meara ran off into the garden shouting to every fairy she saw. "Talleternal is at the healing pond something terrible is happening to her. She needs our help."

Soon crowds of fairies had gathered around the pond. All looking up at Talleternal where she stood on the big rock starring into the pond at her image.

The fairy council of elders gathered there began to ask her questions like: " Did you break some fairy law? How old are you now? What color were your wings before they changed color?" Each member of the fairy council. there were six of them flew around and around her on the rock flinging one question after another at her.

Talleternal grew so dizzy trying the answer all the questions and watch the six elders that she literally fell off the large rock with a thud. She sat in the garden grass crying. But, they kept flying around her slinging accusations and questions until she lept up and ran into the forest to her house. Nothing had been resolved.

Meara was the first fairy to seek her out. "Listen have you tried drinking a gallon of sage tea?" Meara gave this amazing suggestion with lots of loving comfort and waited to see if it might help.

Talleternal was grateful to Meara so she spent the next 48 hours drinking a gallon of sage tea. But, of course it just didn't help.

The next fairy to show up was one of the council member. Ompa, was chubby and blustery. He apologized for the scene at the healing pond the day before. "Look, I have a spell I have been practicing and I think it may help this situation. But, you have to give me permission to use it on you."

Talleternal was definitely scared of any new spells that might affect her in some odd way but in the end she said, "Can it get any worse?"

Om-pa shook his head, "I really don't know."

"Well go ahead. Try it out."

"Okee, hokee, smokee, lookee, make this fairy OK." Om-pa waved his wand and hit Talleternal with a bolt of electricity from his wand that knocked her off her feet. Lucky they were standing outside in her terrace, that was covered with soft mosses.

"look, your wings turned pink with little red stars!" Om-pa was jumping up and down with excitement.

Talleternal looked back over her shoulder. "Yes, I see. But, they used to be lavender with white hearts on them." Then she burst into a wailing cry with great drops of tears falling out of her eyes.

Om-pa quickly started away yelling, "don't cry I will find Meara and send her over." He quickly jumped up and took to the air. He really hated to see a fairy cry.

Each fairy in turn visited Talleternal's home each had an outrageous suggestion about how to change the situation. All of the suggestions made sense to the individual fairy that was making the suggestion because it came from some thing that had helped each fairy in their own life. But, each fairy was trying to make the life of Talleternal follow the path they had taken to maturity. In the end, Talleternal, patiently followed each suggestion to it's own conclusion without success. True, she learned a lot of facts about how the other fairies lived, grew, and existed but in the end she had to live her own way and try her own solutions, which of course resolved the issue. She returned to the healing pond, jumped in, swam around, dunking under several times. Then, she climbed out fell asleep on the bank and when she woke up she was fully restored. Sometimes the sensible solution is the right one.

This story would be the beginning of the book because my blog is full of reference to other peoples knowledge, life facts, and unusual spur of the moment stories.

Of which, this fairy story is spur of the moment and I'm not sure which part of my brain was working as I typed. *Laugh*


Fairy playing a flute Are there fairies in your garden?




© Copyright 2018 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926519-Fairy-Stories-and-Other-Ideas