*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926581-Buffalo-Bills
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#926581 added January 7, 2018 at 12:32pm
Restrictions: None
Buffalo Bills
The Sunday News! Ok, I know some of you don't like this day...and some of you don't care about sports. Sorry then that you're stuck with me *Laugh*...but hear me out, cuz we all want good news.

Buffalonians have donated over 300k to Cincinnati charities this week , and sent a truck including 1,440 chicken wings to the area as a thank you. For a fanbase that's known primarily for drunken exploits before games and throwing themselves through flaming tables, what do you make of this example of sportsmanship?

(Disclaimer: I am a lifelong Bills fan, a #BillsMafia supporter, and will likely start drinking by tomorrow's 1pm kickoff because I haven't cared about football in January in a whole long time. Most of us won't slam you into tables or light you on fire. But if you say so much as one bad word about sports or news or Buffalo in your entries, I will banish you to somewhere that sucks more than where you are, and probably wish a 17-year pox of some sort on you, your family, and the house you live in. Be a good friggin' sport!


Red Dragon


I grew up on the back of a horse. That's my sport. However, Over the years of living with K some football has rubbed off. When I started making predictions on the out come of the games based on what the teams hats looked like the family was aghast. *Laugh* I wasn't making fun of the game I just am intrigued by the designs on the hats.

So, for this blog I had to get really serious because the designs on both hats are *Cool*. I'm not sure the fanbase is indicative of what is really happening on the field. If I was there I would like the tailgating parties. It shows groups of people that are trying to be encouraged about their team entering the playoffs for the first time since 1999. Plus, all that giving shows that Buffalo has a big heart.

Giving to charity is because you want to help the less fortunate. Some people might think it will influence the karma of the games but I think it only shows how good the people who are backing the team really are. I do worry that the wildness of the parties might end up with a tradgety like some of the fraternity problems have over the years. If someone dies from the uncontrolled alcoholic bingeing than, that's what the media will proclaim not how extensive the giving helped the charities.

As for the game itself, today, I understand Le Sean McCoy the running back has greatly influenced the games in Buffalo's favor with his talent. And, now he has an ankle injury. This is going to be where the real sportsmanship is shown. Inside the team. How they can pull together and keep their defense strong against the Jaguars.

In any event I'll root for the Bills. It's a good team, inside a comeback year. Besides, I like their Hats.*ThumbsUp*


© Copyright 2018 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926581-Buffalo-Bills