*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926594-On-The-First-Sunday-in-2018
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#926594 added January 7, 2018 at 4:57pm
Restrictions: None
On The First Sunday in 2018
Jamál {Beauty), 9 Sharaf (Honor) 174 B.E. - Sunday, January 7, 2018

On The First Sunday In 2018

On the first Sunday in 2018, I look back over the past week. I consider my accomplishment since Sunday, December 31, 2017, and realize that I have accomplished a great deal. I did not finish any of the goals I established, however, I did work on most for a little bit over the week. I will attempt to do better this week by working on some of the goals I neglected last week. All I can do is to continue the effort as the week and months move forward. Sometimes I will fall short and sometimes I will exceed the goal, as long as I continue working and striving success lays in the future.


On the first Sunday in 2018,
I contemplate the coming of spring,
it is 72 days until the vernal equinox,
until the joyful celebration of Naw-Ruz 175 B.E.

On the first Sunday in 2018, I ponder the spiritual attribute of the day is beauty, which is the name of this day on the Baha'i calender. In the Badi, or Baha'i, calender the days and the months are named after the attributes of the Almighty. I ponder the attribute, look around the room, and my eyes fall on the picture of the Seat of the Universal House of Justice, which is one of the buildings on the Arc at Mount Carmel in Israel. The building is constructed of white marble, and the picture shows that it glistens in the sun.

"I implore Thee, O Thou Who causest the dawn to appear, by Thy Lamp which Thou didst light with the fire of Thy love before all that are in heaven and on earth, and whose flame Thou feedest with the fuel of Thy wisdom in the kingdom of Thy creation, to make me to be of those who have soared in Thine atmosphere, and surrendered their will to Thy decree."
Baha’u’llah1

On the first Sunday in 2018, I meditate on the prayer revealed by Baha'u'llah. I consider the meaning of "the fire of Thy love", I think this refers to the Holy Spirit which flows through the revelation of Baha'u'llah, the Glory of God. "Thy Lamp" means the manifestation of the Almighty, who reveals the divine attributes to humanity, and is Baha'u'llah. This is a beautiful prayer because it asks for assistance in proclaiming Baha'u'llah's name and revelation.

Footnotes
1  Prayers and Meditations by Baha’u’llah quoted on Daily Verses of God http://dailyversesgod.blogspot.com/ for January 6, 2018.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926594-On-The-First-Sunday-in-2018