*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926984-A-Collection-to-Remember
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#926984 added January 13, 2018 at 1:04pm
Restrictions: None
A Collection to Remember
Creation Saturday! So, what's happening here?
The Roots' drummer.


Manx Cat from Japan

Put simply, entropy is a measure of disorder, and the Second Law of Thermodynamics states that all closed systems tend to maximize entropy. Reversing this ever increasing tendency toward disorder requires the input of energy.Jun 21, 2013
Entropy: Universe Tends Toward Disorder | RealClearScience

https://www.realclearscience.com/.../entropy_universe_tends_toward_disorder.html...

Shana walking into the room took one look. She sighed as she shrugged the straps off her shoulders and dropped the back pack on the floor.

Here was one of the biggest music libraries she had come across in her job as an organizer of peoples lives. Unfortunately, the expansion of the library had been without thought to how every piece of music could be quickly accessed. Now it was her job to supply the energy needed to find a way to make every musical sound accessible on demand.

Tommy walked into the area with a computer on a cart. Two boxes held automatic disk storage.

The two workers got together and set up the computer and started rearranging shelves into alphabetic and numeric systems.

All disks were labeled and matched to their jewel cases. The jewel cases were put alphabetically and numerically using the same system used in libraries to find books. At the same time the disks were stored into automatic retrieval systems which automatically read and computerized the each disk in files.

Now, when the owner wants a disk he sits down at a computer and types in the album or artist. The computer gives him a list of the disks and where the jewel cases are found on the shelves. When he highlights the CD he needs, it is automatically pulled up on the automatic system to be played.

Since all the music has been previously digitized just listening is usually the way the music is used. It can be sent to your phone or what ever music player you use.

Because of the programming and reorganization needed this particular collection took about two weeks to bring into order.

At the end Tommy and Shana were resting as they drank coffee and admired the organized look of the collection. "What's next Shana?"

"There's a book collection over on West Avenue. The owner is buying a new system. He needs a digitized way to find books and use them. It should take about a month to accomplish. He is some kind of researcher.

"OK. I'm packing up."

Shana stood up, dropping the coffee cups into the trash can. "We aren't going to start until Wednesday morning. Until then take tomorrow off. I'll email you the address tomorrow with the equipment we will need to get started. We will be digitizing all the books. See you then."

The two organizers left the building.

Note:

I once knew of a system that could be bought to store Cd's that automatically stored and pulled up Cd's like this but I've lost touch with the system so I don't know if it still exists. This was before I Pod's.

Lots of people want to save their jewel cases in case they decide to sell the collection.

I do like lots of organization for everything. Life is lived in time and I don't have time to hunt for things. I like to type it in somewhere and find it easily.














apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2018 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926984-A-Collection-to-Remember