*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927172-The-Boy-at-My-Corner
Rated: E · Book · Entertainment · #1932477
It is a waste to ignore the musings of the mind.
#927172 added January 16, 2018 at 3:20am
Restrictions: None
The Boy at My Corner
I saw him and I wanted to cry. He was just a young boy, not over 18 years old, sitting at a corner of the road I travel so often, not actually begging; just sitting there, all alone, his eyes were unseeing; his face was a conglomeration of fear, worry, discomfort; his arms were draped over his knees, as if to say, this is me, this my body, I have preserved it; his hair, which looked like it was dark black before, and was now clipped close to his skull; he was alone.

Like me.

I sat in my car and watched him, tears streamed down my face, a memory of something gone from me bubbled through my mind. What was it? I rooted out the hard, darkness that hid a part of me that was too painful to recall; and still I could not fathom what it was that made me cry, to see a young boy by the side of the road.

When I looked at him again, he was gone! I fired the engine, in such a hurry, I banged my head against the window. I must find him. Where did he go? I drove on to the road and looked at my left, at my right, but he was nowhere. I wondered if I shall see him again?






© Copyright 2018 elephantsealer (UN: liliapadwes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
elephantsealer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927172-The-Boy-at-My-Corner