*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928238-My-Support-System
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#928238 added February 4, 2018 at 3:27pm
Restrictions: None
My Support System
"Invalid Item Day 5: Write about your support system.

My support system changed drastically in 2012, the year my mother succumbed to the Alzheimer's disease and her soul transcended. For a while, after her death, I went to a support group at the hospice she was in the last day of her life. That lasted until sometime in late 2014, when I moved from the money trap (this is how I refer to the house she was buying).

I moved into a studio apartment, which (with some assistance from relatives) I could afford. In 2015, I moved from the studio to a two bedroom apartment because I thought my sister was going to move in with me, but that didn't happen. I am still living in the two-bedroom apartment; however, my sister is no longer on the lease. I am struggling, with some assistance, to pay the rent, power bill, and internet bill. A friend, who is younger, moved in with me, so she does the cooking, housekeeping, laundry, and other things that I'm no physically able to do. We are struggling, but we are managing.

My support system, at this time, is the Baha'i Faith, De (my friend), and a neighbor. My sister lives in Searchlight, my brothers live in Colorado, and California. They are my telephone and online (Facebook) support system. Another part of my support system is writing.com, because I could not survive without the encouragement and inspiration I receive from the members here.

© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928238-My-Support-System