*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928538-Midweek-Reflections-on-Confirmations-of-the-Holy-Spirit
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#928538 added February 7, 2018 at 8:52pm
Restrictions: None
Midweek Reflections on Confirmations of the Holy Spirit
‘Idál (Justice), 2 Mulk (Dominion) 174 B.E. - Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Confirmations of the Holy Spirit

"O ye beloved of Baha'! Do not look at your weakness, nay, rely upon the confirmation of the Holy Spirit. Verily, It maketh the weak strong, the lowly mighty, the child grown, the infant mature and the small great."
‘Abdu'l-Baha, Tablets of ‘Abdu'l-Baha, vol. 21

I have felt the confirmations of the Holy Spirit numerous times over the past several months. They come in little ways, which I think is the way it always happens. Some examples are idea for a poems or the feeling I should do something I have never tried before. Part of me is afraid; however, when I go ahead and try something new, it works out for the best. I know that, as long as, I continue to pray, read the sacred scriptures, and meditate I will continue to experience confirmations of the Holy Spirit.

***

Wednesday Accomplishments

It's been an interesting, and, somewhat, stressful morning. The stress came when I couldn't access my cox.net inbox. I called tech support, and the robot couldn't find my account number, so I pushed the button to talk to a human being. The young lady who helped me was polite and helpful. I could access my e-mail after that. I deleted some items before logging out. I have to get back in to delete more items, but I'll do that slowly over the next few days.

This morning, I said the Long Healing Prayer before getting up. After I got up, I checked my bank account, and then logged into writing.com. I have managed to review a few items and read two news letters. After reading the newsletters I sent comments to each one. I still have a lot of writing, so I need to get on with that and do some more reviewing.

I submitted this response to "Comedy Newsletter (February 7, 2018). "After moving my old XP machine, twice, I finally got rid of it. I took it to a salvage place. Now I have more room on my desk, and (if I ever decide to move again) I have only one machine to take with me.'

I submitted this response to "Spiritual Newsletter (February 7, 2018). "'Abdu'l-Baha, the eldest son of Baha'u'llah, made an impression on me, and many others, by demonstrating spiritual values. When he visited America in 1912, he treated everyone he met with equal respect and kindness. It didn't matter to him whether the person was rich or poor, black or white, male or female, or if they were a follower of any religion. They were still human beings and deserved to be respected. Today, many Baha'is look to 'Abdu'l-Baha as an example of how a person should treat others."

Despite the slow start, today was a good day. Wrote three poem, one in my blog "I Am a Feminist, one for the daily poem challenge "Wallpaper, and the last for the Construction Cup Challenge "Huā Yuán . I still have three Contest Challenges to catch-up for July and November 2017, and January 2018. I have to work on those, but I think I'm going to spend the rest of the day reviewing.


Footnotes
1  Quoted on Vision and Insight - daily gems, Febraury 7, 2018.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928538-Midweek-Reflections-on-Confirmations-of-the-Holy-Spirit