*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928710-The-Big-Deal-with-Carter-Page
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#928710 added February 10, 2018 at 8:22pm
Restrictions: None
The Big Deal with Carter Page
Many, who are following this continuing drama of the misdeeds of the Obama Administration, are probably wondering what the big deal is with surveilling Carter Page?

The reason has to do with "Methods" which supposedly the FBI is loath to reveal. As a boy in a Norfolk Public School I learned how this method works when I read The Three Musketeers. The method was a sting where a Person of Interest (POI) is surveilled hoping they will lead to other conspirators. For example Carter Page is made to appear a Russian agent and through his contacts with other members of the incoming administration every phone call or email is fair game for the Defense Intelligence Agency to pounce on. Surely somewhere in this fishing expedition, (Reverse Intelligence) someone, somewhere, will be caught up in some sort of nefarious activity.

What saves the Trump administration is that they were not very sophisticated in their awareness of what the Deep State was capable of and girded by a naive, almost pristine innocence were spared most of the consequences of the collusion spotlight, focused on them by partisan holdovers in the Obama Whitehouse, Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation and the National Security Agency.

Once the Obama regime lost their grip on the levers of power they made recourse to what is commonly referred to as "Projection." They projected onto the incoming administration the sins they had become so adept at practicing the past eight years. When Rosenstein tried to get President Trump to appoint Muller as FBI Director...and keep a lid on the Comey fiasco... he was rebuffed. Not to be deterred Rosenstein wasted no time appointing Muller as Special Council to investigate claims that the Trump Campaign had colluded with the Russians. Didn't he realize that in opening the collusion box, the Democrats were at far greater risk than the Republicans? Colluding with the Russians is old hat to the Democrats who learned some of the fine points of the game in the Uranium 1 Deal. Even Perter Strzok the Deputy FBI Director for Counter Intelligence knew "There was no there, there," but what the heck... at worst it would keep Trump Administration reeling for his first term and perhaps something would come of it.... maybe even, that Trump would try a coverup and BINGO! Obstruction of Justice, an impeachable offense.

Ordinarily spying on Americans in America is off limits however with a FISA warrant on a single individual, a network of contacts quickly forms that grows in short order to including everyone not just in the POI's sphere but into the spheres of everyone who had a telephone or email relationship with anyone else. It only takes one little busybody standing on the fringe for the potential contacts to explode exponentially. As long as the initial contact is under a FISA warrant the networking possibilities approaches infinity in short order. So by getting the warrant on Carter Page the government was getting a warrant to spy on President Trump and ultimately anybody in his administration.

The FISA court let us down. Twice earlier a FISA judge said "No!" On the third try a new judge said "Yes!" Now the story is that the poor man was "Hoodwinked?" How believable is that?

© Copyright 2018 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928710-The-Big-Deal-with-Carter-Page