*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928731-Sunday-Contemplations-on-Gratitude-and-Other-subjects
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#928731 added February 11, 2018 at 12:30pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday Contemplations on Gratitude and Other subjects
Jamál Beauty), 6 Mulk (Dominion) 174 B.E. - Sunday, February 11, 2018

Prayer of Gratitude
for Jamál the Day of Beauty

Thank you All-Bountiful Creator
for the Day of Beauty,
thank you for His Holiness The Bab
who implemented the Badí‘,
the Wondrous,
calendar,
and thank you for His Holiness Baha'u'llah
who conformed the Badí‘ calender,
as the Baha'i calendar.


It is Jamal, the Day of Beauty, on the Baha'i calendar. It is Sunday on the Gregorian, and the first day of a new week. Last week was interesting, I didn't get as much accomplished as I would have like; that was my own fault for wasting time. I got most of the writing finished that I planned. There were only two exceptions: (1) the essay for "Invalid Item and editing chapters in "Scavengers. As a results, I'm a bit depressed, but prayers and writing will take care of that.

Influence of the Faith on arts

"While it is quite true that individual artists such as Mark Tobey and others have undoubtedly been inspired and influenced by their love for the Revelation of Bahá'u'lláh, it is far too early in the Bahá'í Dispensation to talk about the influence of the Faith on the arts in general. Indeed the beloved Guardian himself has pointed out that there is, as yet, no such thing as Bahá'í art although there is no doubt from statements in the writings that a wonderful efflorescence of new and beautiful arts may be anticipated in the future."
The Universal House of Justice12

How has my faith in Baha'u'llah influenced my art? As one can see, from the poem at the beginning of this entry, my acceptance of Baha'u'llah, and His forerunner The Bab, has had some influence on my poetry. Precisely how much influence isn't something I can quantify. I know that I want to reflect the concepts proclaimed by Baha'u'llah in my art, but sometimes I fail. I'm not sure precisely why I fail, but I think it has something to do with the struggle between my soul and my ego. I know that my success is influenced by prayer, meditation, reading the sacred scriptures, and attempting (as much as possible) to obey the laws instituted by Baha'u'llah.

Footnotes
1  From a letter dated 17 January 1973 to a National Spiritual Assembly; The Compilation of Compilations, vol. III, The Importance of Arts in Promoting the Faith
2  Vision and Insight - daily gems for February 11, 2018.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928731-Sunday-Contemplations-on-Gratitude-and-Other-subjects