*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928853-Three--People-I-Am-Thankful-for-and-Why-I-am-Thankful
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#928853 added February 13, 2018 at 3:45pm
Restrictions: None
Three People I Am Thankful for and Why I am Thankful
Tuesday, February 13, 2018

"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us."
Albert Schweitzer

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1916
Write about three people from whom you've learned the most.

First, my brother Frank. When I moved to Las Vegas from Blackwell, he was already here. Frank, at that time, was Baha'i, and I had never heard of the Baha'i Faith. He took me to a Fireside, an introduction to the Baha'i Faith, where I learn about Baha'u'llah, and heard some of the scriptures and prayers He revealed read. After a little more discussion, I asked to sign my Baha'i Card indicating my belief in Baha'u'llah. Even though, I didn't know much about Baha'u'llah and the Baha'i Faith, I knew from hearing the scriptures and prayers that this was what I had been looking for.

Second, De, my roommate, because without her living and helping with this apartment, I doubt that I could live here. She does most of the house keeping and shopping because it is difficult for me to do.

Third, my mother because, while she was alive, she encouraged me to accomplish many of the things I accomplished in the past.

© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow Valentine (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow Valentine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928853-Three--People-I-Am-Thankful-for-and-Why-I-am-Thankful